Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Illinois but I go to Florida to see my son quite a bit. I tried to get some information from anyone and everyone about obtaining a out of state CCL for Florida, but noone seems to have any idea on how to actually do it. Anyone here in the forum had to deal with this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Illinois but I go to Florida to see my son quite a bit. I tried to get some information from anyone and everyone about obtaining a out of state CCL for Florida, but noone seems to have any idea on how to actually do it. Anyone here in the forum had to deal with this?
I live in IL as well, and it was super easy to get the Florida license. Go online, pay the fee and they send you the fingerprint card. Once you get it done and return it, it is a matter of weeks before the mail your permit.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in IL too. I actually received my Florida permit BEFORE my Illinois arrived. That Florida permit opens up a lot of other states to travel... I see others have pointed you in the right direction. The fingerprints were the hardest part, but you'll get er done. Enjoy

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too am an Illinois resident and CCW holder. I read the Florida "requirements" for application and one of those is a certified copy of proof of firearm proficiency. Now THAT seems like it will be the more difficult obstacle . n any case, I sent an E-mail inquiry and await a response.

Mark
That being said, I'd rather be in Wyoming.

·
Droid on a mission
259 Posts
I too am an Illinois resident and CCW holder. I read the Florida "requirements" for application and one of those is a certified copy of proof of firearm proficiency. Now THAT seems like it will be the more difficult obstacle . n any case, I sent an E-mail inquiry and await a response.

Mark
Not as hard as it seems, and that requirement can by waived with submitting a DD-214

·
Registered
201 Posts

Mark
A DD-214 is proof of firearms training in Florida, per R2D2’s post.
(The discharge paper proves that the person has completed firearms training.)

Or a person can take a class on how to handle firearms, either one will fulfill the requirement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just completed the CCW permit for Florida and it was not difficult at all. Fingerprints are supposed to be done in ink by a law enforcement agency so the livescans would not be acceptable. I did my application by mail but they have a streamlined process if you are in Florida. I just submitted a copy of my NRA Basic Pistol training certificate and that was sufficient.

·
Legitimate Combatant
8,033 Posts
Permit for Florida sounds great but has many stipulations for reciprocity in other states.
I only have it since it was bundled in with some other CCW and training class.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too, an Illinois resident, have an “Non-resident CCL” for Florida, and also one from Utah.
Not difficult to obtain at all.

.........Sorry..........NOT TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT........just food for thought.......

Be aware,.......
Other than the issuing State....Some States......”WILL NOT” recognize your “Non-resident CCL”,..... even tho the two States have reciprocity with each other.
Key word “NON RESIDENT”......

Example, Colorado recognizes Utah but if you have a “Non-resident” CCL from Utah, Colorado will not recognize it because you are not a “resident” in the State of Utah.
In 2018, I found out the “hard way”.....:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too, an Illinois resident, have an “Non-resident CCL” for Florida, and also one from Utah.
Not difficult to obtain at all.

.........Sorry..........NOT TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT........just food for thought.......

Be aware,.......
Other than the issuing State....Some States......”WILL NOT” recognize your “Non-resident CCL”,..... even tho the two States have reciprocity with each other.
Key word “NON RESIDENT”......

Example, Colorado recognizes Utah but if you have a “Non-resident” CCL from Utah, Colorado will not recognize it because you are not a “resident” in the State of Utah.
In 2018, I found out the “hard way”.....:confused:
South Carolina works the same. They will recognize FL only if you reside in FL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts