Out of state carry permit.

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by shawng22, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

NYS
    So for my Utah permit.
    Mailed in paperwork October 10th..give or take a day.
    They dinged my CC October 30th....says the wife.
    Got it in the mail December 3rd.

Southlake likes this.
  2. Greywood

NYS
    Applied for Connecticut on the 11th of this month and applied for Maine today.
    Still waiting for Virginia.
    In Maine they have constitutional carry,but for parks and some other places in the state you need to have a permit.

Southlake likes this.

3. Greywood

NYS
    Got my Virginia permit today! They sent a letter saying they received my payment November 1st. The paperwork that came with my permit said I was approved December 18th and I got it in the mail December 24th,but I checked the mailbox on the 25th! Merry Xmas to me....lol!

Southlake likes this.
  4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Congrats Greywood.
    Yes......Merry Christmas to you.

[​IMG]

Greywood likes this.
  5. Greywood

NYS
    And a Very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

6. Chambered

Chambered Well-Known Member Supporter

That's weird.

7. Greywood

NYS
    I agree. Virginia has open carry with no permit, but in the parks there...or at least the national parks require you have a carry permit. Maine is the same way? Eventhough they have constitutional carry?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  8. Greywood

NYS
    On the 11th of this month I'll be 30days in since the tracking on my Maine permit paperwork said it arrived in Maine. I'm sure it took them a day or so to open it. They said 30-45 days. So we'll see!?

9. Greywood

NYS
    Got the call today that my Maine permit will be mailed out this week. So Maine sticks by their 30-45 day time line. Connecticut is saying 4-6 months still.

10. Greywood

NYS
    Maine arrived today. It probably would have been here yesterday, but the mail didn't come for some reason. Fat turn around time! Maine is good to go!

Chambered and Southlake like this.
  11. Glockfinger

Glockfinger Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Do you actually travel to all the states these extra permits cover? Otherwise it seems like a logistics nightmare to keep track of them and keep them valid in the future etc.

Greywood likes this.
  12. Greywood

NYS
    Not every state,but some. This coming summer and fall I'll be in Maine, VA, and NC alot. We may also take some other trips,but that's kinda iffy. I applied for them all around the same time so they would all expire around the same time frame. As of right now 2023 is when they expire.
    My Maine permit was just so I could carry in the parks there. You must have 1 to carry in certain parks. Virginia same reason as Maine....and I get 34 other states with it. Utah was just because I wanted it. Connecticut because it's just a few miles from my home. The main reason though is all these permits make it a bit easier to get my NYS full carry. At some point in the process of getting my NY permit I have to stand in a courtroom and explain to a judge and prosecutor why I should have a full carry and this helps my case.....a bit.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Glockfinger likes this.
  13. docster

docster Active Member

Having multiple permits gets you a few additional states for carry. The sites previously mentioned will print out a map showing the states covered by all your permits, even a wallet size. Never know where one might travel

14. Greywood

NYS
    I'd like to see a non resident permit map. Since certain states will view say a Utah resident differently than a Utah non resident permit! A Utah resident permit may be valid in say PA ,but the non resident Utah Permit is not and this happens with other states also. National carry would fix all this though!

Danzig likes this.
  15. Greywood

NYS
    Thank you! Just realized not 1 of my current permits is good in Florida!

16. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Florida is mine. Good for 7 years. I’m on my 3rd. Renewal is a breeze. Reciprocity is 32 states. At least last I checked.

Greywood likes this.
  17. Greywood

NYS
    Connecticut concealed carry permit came yesterday. It was about a 5mo wait!

Southlake likes this.