Out of state carry permit.

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by shawng22, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Samuel Mason

Samuel Mason New Member

Too new to post a link, but H.R. 38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 (you can check it out on congress.gov) passed the house late last year. It's now in the Senate, but who knows what will happen with all the nonsense that just happened.

I have family in NY so it would be nice to be able to carry when I visit. Right now, that's an impossibility...

SG1 likes this.
  2. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

NYS
    Yesterday I sent off for Va and Utah permits. Va said it may be 6-8 months due to a high volume of out of state permits. Utah I'm hoping is quick so I can then apply for CT.

3. Big1

Big1 Active Member

WA
    I have three permit and they cover me on all of the states I go to or through.

TheKraken likes this.
  4. Greywood

NYS
    VA is a good permit to get and it's easy to get. I think its recognized by 35? States and you don't need to take a special class to get it. Its 100 bucks for out of state and good for 5years.

5. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

6. Big1

Big1 Active Member

WA
    I forgot I have AZ,OR and WA permits I should be cover on most states.

7. docster

docster Active Member

New Hampshire is another good option that may add a state or 2 depending. I went with NH, FL, UT for max coverage

8. Greywood

NYS
    Utah just charged my Credit card this past Thursday. So we'll see how long it takes to get here.?

topleft likes this.
  9. Greywood

NYS
    So I want thinking...a very dangerous thing!....if the open carry case in Hawaii is overturned and the case goes to the Supreme Court could if upheld this case make open carry in all 50 states legal?
    I'm sure NY would say I still need a permit to own a handgun,but I honestly would get dual residence or just establish residence in a different state to avoid the NYS BS!
    I'm so mad that NYS thinks they have the right to tell me I cant have a handgun till I get a permit which takes over a year! I have 0 criminal record not even a traffic violation! I've had numerous firearms and CC permits along with NFA items,but NY still thinks they have some special right and that the 2nd A doesn't apply here! Again I'm just complaining about being able to go to a store buy a handgun and keep it in my house! Without waiting a year or longer!
    Sure I can have a shotgun for home defense, but my wife wants a handgun because she doesn't like the shotgun for the house,but it would be over a year to get the permit! So how is this fair? This has to be a direct infringement on our rights!
    If you guys cant tell this bugs me more and more each day!

Southlake and Danzig like this.
  10. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I agree. When CHL was instituted in Texas, people were screaming that it would be the OK corral daily. Well like everywhere else that has CCW and even open carry those fears never materialized. Now we have left coast and northeast acting like chicken little bringing up the same old disproved hyperbole. National Reciprocity needs to be enacted! Then the remaining anti-carry states will be made to come up with their own CCW permits just like liberals been getting courts to make states adhere to their pet projects and legislation.

Southlake likes this.
  11. topleft

topleft Active Member

Ohio
    Non-resident Utah was an amazing benefit for me early in the CCW years. Should serve you well.

12. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

So I signed up for class for Utah permit. Due to WA permit is going to be a hassle to get if anti gun initiative passes. Wonder if I can get by with just a Utah permit as a WA resident?

13. Lucian_253

How did you get Oregon permit? Are you resident? I heard if you live in WA, but work in Oregon. Oregon will let you get a permit. I don’t like that I can’t carry in Oregon with my WA permit. Thanks for any info!

Big1 likes this.
  14. Greywood

NYS
    Utah permit came today! I'm gonna have the wife look and see when they dinged my CC so I can let ya'll know how long it took from that time till now. I think I can probably figure out the exact day I mailed everything.
    I cant wait till we get a 2nd home out of this god awful state so I can be free again!

Dark Knight, Big1 and Lucian_253 like this.
  15. Big1

Big1 Active Member

WA
    I got it in Multnomah County.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  16. Big1

Big1 Active Member

WA
    I live in Lakewood so if you live in WA you can go and get one you will have to show your WA license but it's no problem. I just renew mines about a year ago so I had it for some time now.

17. Lucian_253

So I’m in Tacoma. I can go to Oregon and get Oregon carry permit with my WA licenses?

Big1 likes this.
  18. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

You should be able to but unsure if laws changed . I had one but accidentally let it lapse .

19. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

When I got mine I had Utah,AZ,fl,wA non resident and ca resident permits and just went into the sheriffs office and got one.

Lucian_253 likes this.
  20. Big1

Big1 Active Member

WA
    Look up the police station in Multnomah County, or google it, I'm on my second license.

Lucian_253 likes this.