Glock Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have been looking at all models of pistols for a few months and have decided on a glock 27 gen4 . i am left handed so i will want to reverse the mag release. i would like your opinion the night sights or what sights you prefer. Can i get this gun in od green? Are there other options? I am having a hard time finding answers so thanks if you help out.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Someone will be along shortly to answer your question

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Hi
I have been looking at all models of pistols for a few months and have decided on a glock 27 gen4 . i am left handed so i will want to reverse the mag release. i would like your opinion the night sights or what sights you prefer. Can i get this gun in od green? Are there other options? I am having a hard time finding answers so thanks if you help out.
Sorry, no OD Green on Gen4 27. They were available in the Gen3 but you wouldn't have the option of reversing the mag release plus they are somewhat hard to find on the used market now and most command a stupid price. Even the new FDE models are not available in the 27. You could how ever have the weapon Duracoted or Cerakoted any color you wish.

On the sights, there are a TON of them and just as many opinions. You can go to this section of the forum and have a look around.........

http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f23/

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum catfish! Enjoy!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stuck around, you will like it here.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum catfishclint! Enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi I have choose the glock 27. I am happy! The recoil is not bad. I am left handed so I was able to reverse the mag release. And I love the option of different back straps. I think the trigger is a little light, unless you were target shooting I would not chose a lighter trigger.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Hi I have choose the glock 27. I am happy! The recoil is not bad. I am left handed so I was able to reverse the mag release. And I love the option of different back straps. I think the trigger is a little light, unless you were target shooting I would not chose a lighter trigger.
If the trigger is too light for you, get a Glock armorer to install a NY1 (NOT 2!) trigger spring. Make sure the original small "S" spring is removed or you'll jump up to about a 11-12lb. trigger pull.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
If you're capable of doing it yourself, you can get a NY1 from glockstore.com. It would probably be a lot cheaper and quicker if you let a Glock Armorer do it, though.

Consider joining the GSSF. You can have a lot of fun, involve your family, get discounts on future Glock purchases, possibly win a gun at a competition and even be eligible to become a Glock Armorer yourself with all of those resulting discounts. Just click on the link below in my signature box.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
A note on the NY1 spring install: the ny1 is a very easy install. There are a couple of good YouTube videos on it. Takes less than five minutes. The most time consuming thing is putting the pins back into the frame.

D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts