Opinions please!!!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by LaiePoi, Apr 9, 2012.

1. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

I'm trying to sell my Walther PPQ 40 caliber on armslist.com I posted it for sale for $395 but I got an offer to trade it for a barely used Glock 19 GEN 4 with only 300 rounds shot through it. I've only shot 600 rounds through my Walther PPQ... so my question is, what has a greater value, the Walther PPQ 40 Cal or the Glock 19 gen 4? The glock comes with everything in the box and so does the Walther. My thought is that I would be getting the better end of this trade but I would like your opinions on this...thanks!

2. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

I was only going to consider trading it for a Glock 27 but even a Glock 19 gen 4 seems like a good deal

3. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Bro, jump ALL OVER that!!!!! As soon as u get that G19 in your hands, you'll glad you made the trade!!!

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Honestly, when you do the trade, I will give you $425 for the Gen 4 19 if it is in the condition that they say it is. :D That would be an instant 30 bucks profit!

You would be getting a better deal with the Glock, but that is just my personal opinion.

After doing a quick internet search, it seems that the 'as new' prices are about the same.

5. fls348

fls348 New Member

Yeah, I'd go with the G19 too. If your area is anything like around here, the G19 will move faster than a PPQ. You can swap, keep the G19 or put it right back on AL for a G27 trade if that's what you really want.

I have both and still manage to carry the 19 over the 27 everyday.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Glock 19 for the win...

7. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Thanks guys...my thoughts exactly! Here's the pics he sent. Condition looks good. Can still see the factory grease in the slide

Attached Files:

8. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

I'd take the glock before he changes his mind!

9. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

I'll go ahead a raise up may hand and say that I am a Glock advocate and prefer a Glock over other one handed weapon systems. If for no other reason the fact that they are easy to do anything with and are extremely reliable and durable, not to mention that parts are interchangeable. An unbeatable platform at an unbeatable price.

I do however wish to be fair to the Walther as they are a very good pistol too..... Here is a good review of this Glock contender.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/walther-ppq-p99-gun-reviews/

Since you have one, I think it's imperative that you know what a good weapon you have in your hands at present and that you may want to check the serial number on that Glock to see if it is indeed a legitimate piece.

If it were me, it would be a hard choice as I already have a 19. If I didn't have the 19 already, it would still be a bit difficult to decide but I'd more than likely choose to trade in the end.

10. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

yeah I would move on that Glock. It looks like a good deal.

11. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

If you don't make the trade, let me know. I'll buy your PPQ.

12. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Take the Glock!!!!!!!!!!!

13. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Yes I agree the PPQ is a solid gun and was actually my favorite gun until I shot my brand-new Glock 30 SF last week! The PPQ is dead on accurate and the trigger is crazy good! The only problem I have with it and the reason I am selling it is it always has failure to feed when shooting hallow points. I've gone through four different brands of HP ammo, even tried different grains and it almost always has 1-3 FTF per mag. So I finally just got sick of the feeding issue and just told myself "that's why you always go American!"The PPQ feeds FMJ ammo flawlessly but has struggled with HP ammo, well at least in my experience. My wife's Glock 19 and my Glock 30 eats everything and I like knowing I can trust my weapon. I really wanted to love the PPQ but I just don't feel comfortable owning a gun that I can't trusts especially when it's a defense weapon for me and my family.

14. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

15. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Yes, I think I will

16. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

Enough suspense already..... Where's your new Glock miho.

17. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Here she is...

image-115238168.jpg

G19 Gen4 with TRL-2s attached loaded with PDX1 124g

18. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Nice setup. G19 GEN4 is my next baby.

19. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Nice you got it, congrats!