Opinions on GSSF?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by seanschofield, Feb 1, 2012.

1. seanschofield

seanschofield New Member

So I have been wanting to get into competition shooting and I would be new to it. Well I got this little paper with my new Glock 19 yesterday talking about the GSSF competitions. Has anyone on here done them? And what do you think about them if you have?

2. wildman9136

wildman9136 New Member

I have attended two matches so far and will be in Griffin this month. It is an awesome experience! We make it a family affair everytime. Lost of fun, armorers there to inspect and repair your Glock for free. Ed's usually has a tent there with great prices on everything. A few vendors, usually good BBQ to buy for lunch, the range officers are very helpful with newbies and there are lots of free random pistol prizes once all the totals are finalized. Basically just go and have loads of fun........but be careful it will become just as addictive as the pistols!

3. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I have shot both outdoor and indoor GSSF matches, and have enjoyed both. The one thing I like the most about it is most classes are stock Glock only, so it really comes down to the better shooter. Get a two year, that way you get the discount coupons for Glock purchase., you will get one per year, and try a couple of matches. If you don't like it, the discount will save you twice the money that the membership cost so it is a win, win either way. But I know you will enjoy it

4. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I too will be in Griffin later this month. It will be my second match and can say it is a great experience! You learn a lot and get tons of practice. The free armorer on site is a great addition that will bring your Glock up to spec. My friend that went with me last time got his gen 2 practically refurbished internally. I highly recommend. It is one of the least expensive ways to compete as far as I know. And that is because Glock does it to give back to their customers instead of for profit.

5. seanschofield

seanschofield New Member

Awesome! That is what I wanted to hear! There are three this year in South Carolina and I would love to try them out! Thanks for the info!

6. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Not sure what part of SC your in, but we also have 3 in Atlanta if it is not too far of a drive for ya

7. I'm interested in GSSF too, and have also never shot competitive. I live in the Laurens County area of SC and was wondering if there was anything close. Thanks, jfirecops.

8. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

GSSF is a good place to start if you want to try competitive shooting because all you need is a stock Glock and 100-150 rounds of ammo. It does save time if you have 4 spare mags. Glock M and 5 to Glock stages will use 3 mags each, no more than 10 rounds per, and Glock the Plates will need 4 mags. For this I have 10 mags so I don't have to reload at a comp.

9. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Please feel free to visit the GLOCK site for Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) at: www.gssfonline.com to see the schedule.

We have 3 events in SC that I am aware of right now.
    -Columbia, SC
    -Reevesville / All Ladies shoot
    -Summerville, SC

Many others near the state too. Good family fun.

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Need more matches in Colorado! Gonna join when I'm not lazy enough to send in the paperwork. I wish Glock had online registration for warranties and GSSF lol.

11. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

Went to my second GSSF indoor match this past Saturday. Great way to meet new friends and learn new tricks. I had so much fun!