Open vs. Concealed

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Braz, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. combatglock17

combatglock17 Sheep Dog, wolverines tactician

Why would anyone admit to any of those things .. you actually want me to openly admit to those things. . Your are dense.. what I'm willing to say is I exercise my 2A the way it's was intended... if you want to obey those laws go ahead.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  2. walkingwolf

walkingwolf New Member

NC
    And you are letting your emotions control you. You are either breaking the law or you are accepting those restrictions. I really don't care, just think blowing smoke is silly.

For now I work within the system, you can call that anything you wish. I never claimed to be a patriot, or anything else. I do support those who actually put boots legally on the ground to change things. Not blow smoke and whine.

3. combatglock17

Congratulations. . You continue to be the sheep, I'll be the sheep dog and protect you from the wolves. . Have a great life. .. not too much emotion for you I hope. ..

4. walkingwolf

walkingwolf New Member

NC
    Well if you want to be a sheep dog, or lead others into uncharted waters, you should be honest, and upfront.

I am not a sheep, or a sheepdog, I am a person with my own brain and mind that I USE. You might try it sometime instead of running on emotion.

5. combatglock17

I do lead others. I've got plenty of like minded folks who would be quite appalled at people like you. . True.. you most Def don't compare.. sorry you feel intimidated and frustrated I don't see eye to eye with you. . But I guess your apart of that new class of 97%ers. . Can't help everyone.. but good luck with obeying .. you have that down real good

6. walkingwolf

walkingwolf New Member

NC
    The only thing you lead at is slinging insults and failing to provide citations and facts to backup dogma.

If being a law abiding citizen is being in the majority, I will be in the majority. But I think the prison population is more than 3%, one more, or less.

7. combatglock17

Yes kinda like blowing smoke and the other insults you slung. . I smell hypocrit

8. walkingwolf

walkingwolf New Member

NC
    I replied to your comment about 97%, and I don't know the exact figures, but law abiding citizens are probably a little less. If you find that an insult you have bigger problems.

Actually the prison population is around .7%, but I will search for the convicted felon population. 8.6% has a felony conviction, so it looks like I am in the 91.4%. What percentage are you in?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  9. Once again....lets keep this civil. No personal attacks.

Last warning.

10. combatglock17

Wish I knew what you were babbling about. . I'm not a felon as I've told you all day. . Excersing my 2A as intended is noble and just... not sure about you tho. .

11. luvninaross

luvninaross New Member

Attached Files:

12. luvninaross

luvninaross New Member

I didn't know that last one was a part of the pic

13. Me Too

I have the Comp-Tac OWB Minotaur holster (best OWB holster ever had) and
    Comp-Tac's IWB Minotaur Neutral carry. Its my favorite for comfort. I use
    an N82 Pro for spring, summer and early fall here in southern Arizona. That's
    because it keeps the entire pistol away from my skin wearing T-shirt and shorts.
    That's almost formal wear here.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

14. Scudzi

Scudzi New Member

I was gifted a Glock 22 gen 4 on my 19th birthday brand new out of the gunshop. Can I open carry ?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  15. luvninaross

luvninaross New Member

If your local and state laws don't prevent you from it, you can carry a firearm from any source. Is a permit required where you live?

16. Scudzi

Scudzi New Member

You don't have to have a permit to buy a handgun here in Wisconsin.

17. Scudzi

Scudzi New Member

Just be 21 and pass the background check.

18. luvninaross

luvninaross New Member

Here in Arizona we have constitutional carry. There is no license required to carry a firearm on your person, open or concealed. A lot of states require a ccw permit or such to carry the purchased weapon. State laws vary, so check your state's law regarding carry. And a Few states I believe allow people under 21 to carry pistol in any fashion in public. On private property you may. But don't take my word for it

19. walkingwolf

walkingwolf New Member

NC
    I don't know the laws in Wi, but if a act is not illegal, it is legal. Such as buying a handgun from a FFL under the age of 21.

But it is not illegal in many states to buy one privately because their is no law against it.

If there are no laws against OCing at 19 I would say it is legal.

I could not find the answer to your question on the NRA state law site. The below was on Wiki, so remember it is Wiki.

Open carry is legal anywhere concealed carry is legal, is legal for all adults (18+) who are not prohibited from possession, and does not require a license unless the citizen is in a taxpayer-owned building or within 1000' from the edge of a school property (_and_ not on private property).[6]
    In the past, some jurisdictions have tried to prosecute open-carry by equating the open carry of handguns with disorderly conduct. On April 20, 2009 the Wisconsin Attorney General's office released a memorandum to all law enforcement agencies stating that mere open carry of a firearm was not disorderly conduct, and instructed both law enforcement and the district attorneys to cease this practice.
    In 2011 a subsection was added to the Disorderly Conduct statute (947.01 [7]) reading "Unless other facts and circumstances that indicate a criminal or malicious intent on the part of the person apply, a person is not in violation of, and may not be charged with a violation of, this section for loading, carrying, or going armed with a firearm, without regard to whether the firearm is loaded or is concealed or openly carried." This codified open carry, ending any debate as to its legality.
    Loading, or having a loaded, uncased handgun inside a vehicle was legalized beginning November 1, 2011.[8] The firearm must not be "hidden from ordinary observation" while inside the vehicle unless the citizen has a license.[9]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  20. combatglock17

Open or concealed is contained in the second amendment period.. back in the day when there was only horses one did not need permission from the state to carry on a horse.. I.e today's car or automobile. . Any law that says you have permission is invalid and unjust and unconstitutional. . Period..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.