Open carry?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by havasu, Nov 30, 2011.

1. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Yeah, I dont think its the cops in Philly you'd have to worry about if you are open carrying? :eek:

2. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

It's DEFINITELY the cops you have to worry about, not the criminals.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vUYeJXSrA[/ame]

Kind of old news, but Mark was acquitted and sued and won. He's a fairly active member of PAFOA.ORG.

Despite this, from private conversations with LEO in Phila (this is heresay mind you), Philly PD was given the "new" training on OC laws in Phila, BUT were told to continue to "harass" OC'ers. Directive 137 instructs officers to detain and confiscate while invistigating if the OCer has a valid PA LTCF. In PA, there is no "CCW", it's a License to Carry Firearm.

I OC a lot, but NEVER in Philly.

D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

3. ANIMAL!!!

ANIMAL!!! New Member

Oh I'm not open carrying. This was in the club house at one of the ranges I go to. Just thought I'd share. :)

4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    It'd be nice to get a more recent letter. Is that guy still in office?

5. ANIMAL!!!

ANIMAL!!! New Member

Probably not. I would think it would be easy to get a new copy though.

6. Not in office any more. He's a criminal defense lawyer for a private firm in Philly now.

7. Maybe not so easy with the current AG, given her stance on firearms.

8. ANIMAL!!!

ANIMAL!!! New Member

I just figured they wouldn't lie to "you" about the law. Whether they agree with it or not it is the law. But when have they told the truth before?

9. Oh, I'm not saying that the current AG office would lie about the law. I'm just saying that they'd never put it in writing that you would be within the law.

10. Wolverine77

Wolverine77 New Member

What is this about carrying unloaded?

11. Danzig

Texas
    It was a loophole for open carry in California. The YouTube activists ended up getting that scrapped so now there is NO open carry in CA and select locales where CCW licenses are obtainable.

12. tg3hunter

tg3hunter New Member

I'm sorry but I just couldn't live in ca but I love ohio and Arizona for open carry and ccw. Don't know to much about Texas

13. Danzig

Texas
    No open carry here in Texas.

14. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

My money (cash) is a tool. I worked hard to aquire it much like I work to keep my nose clean so i can own firearms.

I would never want to carry my cash in the open anymore than I would want to carry openly. There are times when I pull my cash to pay a bill and others may see it but I certainly don't garnish the idea of them looking.

I may be carrying several tools with me at any given time to get me out of a situation. It really isn't anyone elses business and I believe many really don't care to begin with.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  15. Tactical-cat

Tactical-cat New Member

well said!!!

16. Squints

Squints New Member

Pennsylvania is an open carry state

17. tg3hunter

tg3hunter New Member

Ohio is a open carry state that's were I'm from but was born in pa.

18. Squints

Squints New Member

That's cool. I live in Pennsylvania now, but was born and raised in Youngstown.

19. tg3hunter

tg3hunter New Member

Awesome miss my hometown hopefully I can come back up there and visit soon. Are the cops friendly to oc out there?

20. Squints

Squints New Member

I live in the Shenango valley, and the police, as well as most of the businesses are very open carry friendly. Pennsylvania isn't a bad place to live, but I definitely miss the YO