Glock Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Ky where it is legal to open carry w/o a permit. I have done very little oc'ing untill the past few days. The past couple days, and especially today, I wanted to do almost a sociological test you would say. I went all over this town in many stores and restaurants to see how the customers and employees would respond. No where did I receive any trouble from anyone and never even got any weird looks. All the employees where friendly with me and could see my Glock 22 plain as day. I am going to do this from time to time to continue seeing the reactions and wait for any conversations/harrassment that might come along with this. I understand this maybe frowned down upon by some of my fellow CC brothers, but I find this to be a interesting observation and understand what some consider cons of oc'ing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in Indiana and since my in-laws live in KY I am there every other month. I OC every time I come down. Never a problem, love KY, people are friendly.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I only carry openly occasionally; mostly 'cause I have a CC permit and don't need to deal with any of the possible complications. That said, I haven't run into any yet. It's certainly easier in the summer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your from Ky. and thought you would see a reaction to oc here. Unless you are from one of the "cities" i don't think we would even look twice unless trying to see what you are carrying so we could see if we wanted to try to buy it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
darthraven0 said:
Your from Ky. and thought you would see a reaction to oc here. Unless you are from one of the "cities" i don't think we would even look twice unless trying to see what you are carrying so we could see if we wanted to try to buy it.
Lol, we have about 60,000 here I guess over 100,000 in Daviess county.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also OC while in Kentucky and have never had a problem with it.

AD

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I OC here in Lexington more than I CC in the summer especially and I have only had one weird look and that was the other day but it was just that she hadn't expected to see it but other than that she didn't care about it at all. Ive been doing a lot of OC since 2010 when I got my Glock 23 and have carried everywhere west of Lexington pretty much with no confrontation from LEO or general population.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I OC everyday in Lexington. I don't have a CC so OC is my only option. I have never had any problems but I try to look respectable every time I go out.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
ash1012 said:
I OC everyday in Lexington. I don't have a CC so OC is my only option. I have never had any problems but I try to look respectable every time I go out.
Depending on if I'm working or not I OC in a suit and tie (generally without the coat since its the summer) or jeans and a polo or shorts and a T-shirt with no problems. I will say this though, I have been asked a few times if I was a cop. I was Hardee's on New Circle one day OCing when to plain clothes KSP troopers came in and set by me, I was wearing dress pants with a shirt and tie with my 23 on my side and two extra mags on the opposite and they asked me how long I had been with Metro and sincerely thought I was a Metro Detective. I informed them that I wasn't a police officer and was simply OCing. They were 100% cool with it and even said that I looked like I was a cop and that I should apply with KSP when they started taking applications. On another incident when I was dressed similarly I was at a gun store on Nicholasville RD and one of the employees swore up and down I was a "state boy". I was looking at a 1911 and someone made a comment about Glocks and I said that I've never had a problem from my Glock and he said "yea, you state boys love your Glocks". I said, "do I look like a state trooper?". His response was "I know you're a trooper, my son is a state trooper" after much convincing I he finally conceded that he was wrong and that I wasn't a state trooper but I must be some kind of LEO. I said the closet thing I am to a LEO is an MP with the Marine Corps but I was a field MP who hadn't done a single day of "police work" and that my duties were convoy security related. He was very hard to convince though. But a far as a negative confrontation while OCing, I have yet to have one.

·
Premium Member
45,457 Posts
I have never had any trouble at all even before I got CCDW.. I always lay my gun in the seat and put my longs guns in back of truck are in bag on dash.. Been pulled over and I just put hands on wheel till spoken to then I ask if I can reach for my wallet and let officer know I have gun on seat.. Ky is fair state enjoy living here very much.. Came from Amarillo where things where diff

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
MarinewithaGlock said:
Depending on if I'm working or not I OC in a suit and tie (generally without the coat since its the summer) or jeans and a polo or shorts and a T-shirt with no problems. I will say this though, I have been asked a few times if I was a cop. I was Hardee's on New Circle one day OCing when to plain clothes KSP troopers came in and set by me, I was wearing dress pants with a shirt and tie with my 23 on my side and two extra mags on the opposite and they asked me how long I had been with Metro and sincerely thought I was a Metro Detective. I informed them that I wasn't a police officer and was simply OCing. They were 100% cool with it and even said that I looked like I was a cop and that I should apply with KSP when they started taking applications. On another incident when I was dressed similarly I was at a gun store on Nicholasville RD and one of the employees swore up and down I was a "state boy". I was looking at a 1911 and someone made a comment about Glocks and I said that I've never had a problem from my Glock and he said "yea, you state boys love your Glocks". I said, "do I look like a state trooper?". His response was "I know you're a trooper, my son is a state trooper" after much convincing I he finally conceded that he was wrong and that I wasn't a state trooper but I must be some kind of LEO. I said the closet thing I am to a LEO is an MP with the Marine Corps but I was a field MP who hadn't done a single day of "police work" and that my duties were convoy security related. He was very hard to convince though. But a far as a negative confrontation while OCing, I have yet to have one.
This is what your more likely to run into. I don't dress as nice as marinewithaglock. But I do make it a point to wear a collared shirt tucked in to a pair of nice jeans.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
ash1012 said:
This is what your more likely to run into. I don't dress as nice as marinewithaglock. But I do make it a point to wear a collared shirt tucked in to a pair of nice jeans.
I only dress like that when I'm working. Any other time it's jeans or cargo shorts and a t-shirt, polo or untucked button up depending on the weather.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts