Oregon Open carry in car okay?

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by scott_see, Oct 10, 2013.

1. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

There is no law requiring you to advise them you have a CHL and/or are carrying.
    Although common sense would dictate you would advise them of the latter. The only time I've been pulled over the officer asked if I had a gun in my car and he was visibly relieved when I replied no and he said "Good, because it always makes us nervous when we pull over a CHL holder". Never could figure that one out because we've gone through background checks and does he really think that someone without a CHL wouldn't have gun? Since when do bad guys obey laws?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. TheFactor

TheFactor The Glock Factor

Very good points , I'd be more concerned with people that don't have permits lol.

3. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Exactly....and I'm sure no one would ever lie to him about having a gun or not, lol. I mean, he asked, I could have just as easily as lied to him as tell
    the truth....

4. TheFactor

TheFactor The Glock Factor

What's even funnier is they probably would never ask if we had any weapons if we didn't have permits lol .

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  5. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I think that is very true!

6. jwi15

jwi15 New Member

I was pulled over in my hometown for speeding by a local police officer. I told him I had a permit and was armed when we began speaking. He was fine with it. In fact, he did not write me a ticket only a warning. I believe it was due to my honesty.

7. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I didn't get a ticket either, and not even a warning....all he wanted to do
    was chat about my then sports mobile....

8. Viperspit

Viperspit New Member

To the original question, you'd really need to check Oregon laws, but in Michigan, your car is the concealment. You have to have a CPL if you plan on having a handgun accessible in your vehicle. Otherwise you need to lock it in the trunk when transporting and the ammo somewhere separate. If you don't have your CPL, go get it done and then you don't need to worry about it :)