Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i will be joining my local pd here in the next very short months!!! & thou i have a ccl i bought a black halk owb holster to get use to carrying in public another pd friend told me it would make me feel more comfortable when i start out. But Im kinda confused he told me that you don't need a permit to open carry so i did a little research and didn't find anything in the laws about it is this true are am i misreading it and he is mistakin ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Try GaPacking.org Gun laws there. For the record, GWL is required for open carry in Ga. Obviously goes for CC as well. Website has info about knife carry (legally you should be a GWL holder) Long gun open carry, tons of info. Good luck and thanks for protecting and serving.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
He's absolutely mistaken. You need a GA CWL or the old GFL to carry, whether open or concealed.

·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what i thought it didn't sound right bit hetold me to go to hand gunlaws.org and read where its says open carry in ga and its says open carry its not really clear like it say someone who is legal to own a firearm. But i got mine anyway i was just curious. Thanks for the info. I actually called our probate court "where we have to go in my county" &they told me you do. And thanks Im really excited i found out we was in need of officers in my town. Even thou my dream is to go fbi i still have lots of school left lol. But i have to wait for my birth certificate to come in i was born over seas off military base while my parents was on a 2 day pass so it takes time to complete my app bit soon!!!!:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's what i thought it didn't sound right bit hetold me to go to hand gunlaws.org and read where its says open carry in ga and its says open carry its not really clear like it say someone who is legal to own a firearm. But i got mine anyway i was just curious. Thanks for the info. I actually called our probate court "where we have to go in my county" &they told me you do. And thanks Im really excited i found out we was in need of officers in my town. Even thou my dream is to go fbi i still have lots of school left lol. But i have to wait for my birth certificate to come in i was born over seas off military base while my parents was on a 2 day pass so it takes time to complete my app bit soon!!!!:)
Nice! You'll have Hilary Clinton's signature on your certificate then! Haha, not so special, but an old girlfriend of mine has Henry Kissingers signature on hers! Kinda cool...
Ya, hard to believe your buddy didn't know that about Ga carry law. Live and learn.

·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i mean i looked on the web site he said and it was written kinda confusing. But yeah he should of checked. I just can't wait to be done with the sheet metal work 16hrs days killin me lol

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Tell your friend to read O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126 (h) (1) No person shall carry a weapon without a valid weapons carry license unless he or she meets one of the exceptions to having such license as provided in subsections (a) through (g) of this Code section. http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/default.asp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts