Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,543 Posts
A good quality holster that covers the trigger. Plus a quick access vault when you get home. Educate the kids on firearms and safety.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,543 Posts
bhale187 said:
A friend of mine did some ride-alongs years ago with several Texas and Arizona PDs before he went to work for Border Patrol. He said that back in the 80s it was SOP for many agencies down there to carry a revolver with the first cylinder empty, not because they were worried about an accidental discharge, but because they wanted to buy a little extra time incase they were disarmed.........that is one of the worst policies I've ever heard of. You'd have to double tape with a revolver to get one shot off. Crazy.
I don't doubt your story. I've heard officers make some stupid statements involving firearms but that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I was police through the 90's in Texas and never heard that one. As far as SOP most officers kept chamber empty on their cruiser shotgun for psychological advantage upon pulling it out and racking it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.