Glock Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
If you have a good, high quality holster, with a high level of retention, there is really nothing to be concerned about. Police Officers deal with combative individuals as part of their job, and their holsters retain their sidearms just as they were designed to. I carried my 1911 in a Galco for years in Condition 1, with just a basic thumb break snap for retention. I don't think I would want to be rough housing with a 7 & 10 year old with mine strapped on though, somebody might get bumped in the noggin. I'd probably want to take it off for that.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I have a White Hat tactical cut and a N82 for CCW. Both holsters secure the firearms pretty well and kind of "snap" in to position and require a slight twist and pull of the gun to retrieve it from the holster. I agree with your comment and wouldn't intentionally play rough with the boys while carrying, but sometimes things happen "spontaneously". LOL
Yes, I know. And going from not carrying, to carrying, does present a few issues for all of us. You have to find a away that works for you & yours. If carrying the Glock without a round chambered, or the 1911 decocked, puts everyone more at ease, then that might be the way to go. On the upside, I'd rather have mine with me unchambered, than not have it at all. I'd make sure to practice with that in mind though. Hate to forget I'm running on empty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.