Glock Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Glad to here the concern about carrying around children. When I first started carrying my Glock I would carry around the house with an empty mag and the slide racked to see it I heard the dreaded click of the trigger being pressed by accident. It only took a couple of days with out hearing anything to figure out that my carry rig was safe. Then I carried around the house with just a full mag, then progressed to one in the pipe.

Take your time and build up confidence, don't flip flop back and forth as this may lead to forgetting to either cock the gun or a ND because you forgot that one was in the pipe. The end result is to carry fully loaded with confidence in your training and equipment. Good luck

·
Registered
547 Posts
TNF "Rather than trying to "kid proof" your gun it's better if you "Gun Proof" your kids."

Well said SIR well said, education is the key factor to gun safety, not locking them up all of the time, not hiding them but teaching proper gun handling techniques. Repetition from training can and should start at an early age, my dad started me on a .22 Lr rifle when I was 5 and a .410 shot gun when I was 10. It was an educational reward for me, if I was good all week we went shooting on Saturday morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.