Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Think back to the incident in Kenosha where the antifa medic is trying to shoot the kid in the head with a pistol and instead is shot in the arm with a rifle. In one of the videos the medic is seen running after the kid and at the same time reaching under his back pack for his gun, he very likely is carrying the gun with an empty chamber and forgets to chamber a round in all the excitement before attempting to shoot the kid in the head, aah, he has a bad day

·
Happy Member :)
5,152 Posts
I don't expect to be robbed or attacked but I'm a one in the chamber kind of guy. Milliseconds matter in most all situations in my opinion and anything that will help me just get a job done easier and faster I'm all for. Always be prepared

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
I don't expect to be robbed or attacked but I'm a one in the chamber kind of guy. Milliseconds matter in most all situations in my opinion and anything that will help me just get a job done easier and faster I'm all for. Always be prepared
I don’t think anyone ever expect to get robbed or attacked. I certainly didn’t, lol!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I guess I thought this discussion was really about whether or not to carry a Glock with a round in the chamber and then reload another round in the mag to top it off. So really whether you should carry 18 rounds in a Glock 17 or 16 rounds in a Glock 19.

Now it seems to have turned in to should you carry your gun with a round in the chamber or not with a round in the chamber. Seems like a completely different discussion this has now turned in to.

·
Super Moderator
62,921 Posts
Had a recent conversation with a State Trooper friend of mine. He said that when he joined the State Police (about 15 years ago), as the department switched from Beretta to Glock, there was a firearms instructor who told the Troopers that Glock pistols were not designed to carry a full magazine, plus 1 in the chamber. If I understand this correctly, it is not recommended to insert a full magazine, chamber a round, then remove the magazine, insert another round in the magazine and reinsert the magazine into the firearm. I don't see anything about this in the manual. Anyone have any thoughts on the why?
I have never had an issue with a double stack magazine carrying to capacity plus 1.

·
Super Moderator
62,921 Posts
I guess I thought this discussion was really about whether or not to carry a Glock with a round in the chamber and then reload another round in the mag to top it off. So really whether you should carry 18 rounds in a Glock 17 or 16 rounds in a Glock 19.

Now it seems to have turned in to should you carry your gun with a round in the chamber or not with a round in the chamber. Seems like a completely different discussion this has now turned in to.
You are correct but thread drift is real.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, my bad, lol. Don’t download your Glock magazines. Unless it makes you happy!!
Yes, I think its it important to consider how you feel about the way your gun is loaded, does it make you happy? are you experiencing that warm glow of satisfaction knowing your gun is loaded correctly? Be as one with the universe, or not

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have a Glock 23 that with the old Glocks mags I can't rack the slide on a full mag, unless Superman helps, if you look closely at the new mags with the ambi cut it sit slightly lower on the grip, by been slightly longer, the old design mags are not an issue if loaded from a locked slide, I use those as spare mags.

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
590 Posts
ok thread drift again, any striker fired pistol with no safety. It all about practice, practice , practice muscle memory.

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
590 Posts
to draw keep finger off the trigger be safe about it. The little paddle on the trigger isnt a safety.

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
to draw keep finger off the trigger be safe about it. The little paddle on the trigger isnt a safety.
I agree with this statement. I realized the pic I posted may seem like I didn’t. Your finger should be outside the trigger guard until your ready to pull the trigger.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts