Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all if there is another thread like this on the forum, I'm Sorry ;) Did a search and came up with multiple "If you could only have one Glock" threads but didn't see one like this.

Lets just say hypothetically you could only have one handgun and one rifle. For sake of keeping it straight I will set up a scenario of sorts.

Lets say you knew the end of the world as we know it was approaching and in 90 days the Government would fall , the lights would turn off and we would be on our own to defend and provide for your family.

So there it is, what one handgun and one rifle would you choose to have. Please keep in mind ammo availability and cost as you would probably want to start stock piling now.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
A 9mm hand gun and a 5.56 rifle. Glock and AR-15.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Pistol part is easy. My Glock 21. The rifle part is hard. Hard hitting .308 Galil or one of my AR-15's. Hmmmm decisions decisions.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Glock 17 and my AR but... If I had a M1A it would be that and my 17

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See for me, because I love 357sig I am gonna have to stay with my G32 and keep the G23 barrel so I can shoot either 357 or 40 cal. Cost is a little high for ammo but if I knew it was coming I would buy a couple thousand reloads in each caliber :)

Its the rifle that really get me thinking, part of me wants to say 12 gauge as the versatility of ammo. Other part wants to go with bolt action rimfire, for ease of use and reliability plus ammo is dirt cheap however with this you start to loose "big game" hunting.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Glock 17 and Sig 556 SWAT Patrol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My G19 & my lever action Marlin 30-30, which has been in the family for over a century. It has seen SHTF more than once & at one time our 'clan' was so poor (depression era) it was shared among three brothers/households for hunting. It's still in very good condition... and has a rich history & has killed deer, cougars, wild dogs, thugs in the late 1800's/early 1909's, and has witnessed the world change dramatically.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
PeacefulWarrior said:
My G19 & my lever action Marlin 30-30, which has been in the family for over a century. It has seen SHTF more than once & at one time our 'clan' was so poor (depression era) it was shared among three brothers/households for hunting. It's still in very good condition... and has a rich history & has killed deer, cougars, wild dogs, thugs in the late 1800's/early 1909's, and has witnessed the world change dramatically.
That is awesome !!

·
771 Posts
One pistol, one rifle...

First of all if there is another thread like this on the forum, I'm Sorry ;) Did a search and came up with multiple "If you could only have one Glock" threads but didn't see one like this.

Lets just say hypothetically you could only have one handgun and one rifle. For sake of keeping it straight I will set up a scenario of sorts.

Lets say you knew the end of the world as we know it was approaching and in 90 days the Government would fall , the lights would turn off and we would be on our own to defend and provide for your family.

So there it is, what one handgun and one rifle would you choose to have. Please keep in mind ammo availability and cost as you would probably want to start stock piling now.
I would have to go with my Glock 19 (with lots of G17 mags) and an AR styled rifle chambered in 5.56 or 7.62 ....When my meager ammo stocks are depleted, I know I could come up with a supply of pilfered or captured military ammo...

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
My glock 30 and ar-15 and would also put my 50 cal Beowulf upper in a backpack so I have that too

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
ruger 10/22 and Glock 17

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
I'm assuming that we can answer for our loved ones too?

For me, my G30 and my Remington 870
For my wife, a G26 and the old Ruger 10/22.

Between the two of us that should cover just about all of the bases.

If it was JUST me then I'd still probably go with the same combination. Not sure though. No need for large game if it is just me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.