Glock Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

· Banned
1,810 Posts
Just a side note to help you with your one Glock decision...40 S&W is a very potent caliber and the recoil is more than 9mm but less than .45.
Not trying to start an argument but I beg to differ. I think the 40S&W has more recoil then the 45acp in a similar size and weight firearm. My last 40S&W gun, a Beretta PX4 Storm full size was VERY snappy with 155gr-165gr ammo and even with the sub sonic [email protected] stuff it still had more felt recoil IMHO then any of the 3 45acp pistols I've had since(ATI 1911a1 Commander size gun, Springfield Armory XD45 full size and current Glock G30) but I'm really not sure why that is. I've also had the 40cal in a Glock G22 and it was more snappy and had more felt recoil then my current G30 too IMHO.
Others might perceive recoil impulse differently then I do but IMHO I'd rank em' 9x19mm, 45acp and 40cal as far as felt recoil goes. For me the 45acp is more of a heavy but gentle "Shove" rather then the Harsh and Fast "Snap" of the 40cal. JMHO, YMMV.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.