Glock Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Banned
1,810 Posts
ammo is cheaper for plenty of range time
I've been handloading since I was 19, that's 32 years so it's pretty much old hat to me. I can load a box of 45acp with Home Cast bullets(don't worry, I'm using a Lone Wolf barrel to shoot em' in) for $2.50 plus my time. Of course my free source of wheel weights has dried up so I'll be paying .50 cents a lb. for em' from here on out but still, I'd say I'll still be around $3.00-$3.50 a box even then.
I love loading my own ammo.:D

· Banned
50,339 Posts
I've only got one and I chose the gen 4 g21 but if I could have 2 I'll take a g30 also
I have 2 and the 21 is my favorite gun, I love my 23 but the 21? YEA BABY!!!

· Premium Member
8,784 Posts
Evolution said:
Glock 23 alll the way!!!dde0e
Ditto. I have two of them.
One for each hand..
While shooting them sideways...
Whilst pushing the bullets out.

Like this:

... Only with one in each hand.

;)
D

· Registered
77 Posts
I too vote for the 23... I did a lot of research before making my purchase a few weeks ago. Here's my reasoning: .40 caliber has more stopping power than a 9mm, more ammo capacity than .45, it's the in between round. Second is size, it feels as comfortable to shoot as a full size pistol, yet small enough to use as a everyday CCW. Although I think the 23 is the best do everything pistol, the next one I save up for will probably be a 21!

· Registered
142 Posts
iShoot said:
I too vote for the 23... I did a lot of research before making my purchase a few weeks ago. Here's my reasoning: .40 caliber has more stopping power than a 9mm, more ammo capacity than .45, it's the in between round. Second is size, it feels as comfortable to shoot as a full size pistol, yet small enough to use as a everyday CCW. Although I think the 23 is the best do everything pistol, the next one I save up for will probably be a 21!
I agree I want to get a g23 next month assuming everything goes well with my ccw application. .40 cals are still a very large round and from a few ballistics testings I've seen that .40 cal has the deepest penetration for whatever type of hollow point they were using. I would guess that's true for any ammo with same powder loads but I don't really know for sure.

· Registered
235 Posts
Just a side note to help you with your one Glock decision...40 S&W is a very potent caliber and the recoil is more than 9mm but less than .45. If you reload, as I do, you can load plinking rounds that have about the same recoil as 9mm ammo. You can also load very hot loads that exceed .45acp recoil and ballistics. And, if you have the G22, you can get a 9mm conversion barrel and use a G17 mag to shoot 9mm. What a deal!!

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.