On the job carry

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by xxlrg, Apr 23, 2012.

1. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Do u carry on the job? What do you do? Dont have to get specific but what industry? Have you okayed it with the boss/owner? What and how do you carry?

2. Flairsr

Flairsr New Member

I carry on the job everyday. Have not cleared it with anyone as I am in the retail business. Not a very understanding industry. When I carry at work, at play, or just anywhere I carry my gen 3 G30.

3. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Sometimes. Correctional Officer. The Feds. Yes, kind of part of the post orders. Beretta 92; open carry on a duty belt.

4. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

NJDOC

Only on certain posts.

5. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

No. Parts manager for 3 dealerships. Main reason is I have not got permission and it seems like itll get in the way sometimes.

Oh and I'd have to wear an ankle holster as I am dressed with slacks and button up shirt tucked in...

6. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

My current primary job does not allow me to carry in the building. My last job involved running repair calls and the boss knew and approved of my carrying. He even ordered my shirts a size too large so I could carry easier. I never told any clients (banks and other businesses) and no one ever saw it in the 6 years I did it.

Needless to say when I am working on the PD I carry openly due to the uniform.

7. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I work for a friends company in his garage… I carry there as well. And when I go pick up shipments and drop them off I carry as well.

8. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Well I have been blessed to work for two different buisness owners that allows ccw on the job. In the shop Im at now there is only 2 of us here and we are here all night. I often look around at people wherever I go and wonder who has heat on their side. Anyone else?

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

All the time...situational awareness.

10. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

I do every where I go. I have spotted a few who give themselves away by preening.

I carry everyday at work, I'm a auto tech in a very small shop. The boss encourages CCW 100% of the time. :D

11. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Never Leave home with out it. It is always by me. At work I keep it in my backpack. Boss is cool, he got me hooked. Use to keep it on me, but I do Computer work and basic IT work, so at desk and crawling under desks, it was not needed on me. But as soon as I leave for lunch, it goes on me.

12. afondren

afondren New Member

I previously worked in the jewelry industry, and would have preferred to cary every day. However, it was strictly against policy. Meanwhile we would get emails regularly from our own company and from our competition warning us of the descriptions of the people who just robbed them. Once I turned in my resignation, I carried every day up until my last on my ankle. What were they going to do; fire me?

13. afondren

afondren New Member

In addition, my new job at a home improvement store is so strict on the issue that it is mentioned many multiple times in the policy that guns aren't even allowed in your vehicle! Sorry, but I draw the line there. My employer has no right dictating my choice in personal defense while I'm to and from work.

14. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I just started a new job at a small private business. IN a shady area of town, well not in it, but it borders it and I walk/park through it, so ya, carry 100%.

15. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

I work for a major cellphone company. I almost always carry.

16. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Come to Oklahoma. If your employer says anything about you having a firearm in your car in their parking lot, you can sue them, and WIN!

17. afondren

afondren New Member

I'm guessing that its in the policy to simply cover their liabilities. I doubt anyone will ever say a word or ever know that its in my car.

18. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

What they don't know, can't hurt you.

19. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I refer to mine as my American Express. I never leave home without it.

20. APPstateGLOCK

APPstateGLOCK New Member

Welcome to Lowe's!