Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know you are a true Old Fart? When you are closer to the finish line than the start line, and you know it.

I've been hunting elk in Colorado for 25 years. After trying a few rifles, I settled on the versatile and capable .30-06. I've owned a couple of S&W revolvers for ever, but I only put a couple of hundred rounds through them. One of my hunting partners pushed me to get a pistol for several years and I finally bought a Glock 17 MOS last year. Holy smokes! I put more rounds through my Glock each time out than my revolvers over many years. Now I have added a Glock 48 and a Glock 43X.

I like keeping things simple. My wife and I both have .30-06 hunting rifles, I reload only one bullet and charge, we both have Glock 9X19's, and we use Precision One fmj's for target shooting and hp's for self defense.

I love my Glocks, and darned if I haven't become a better rifle shot too. Just a baby beginner with a pistol, enjoying the heck out of them, and my groups are shrinking steadily.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the G.T. from Sun City, AZ from an older old fart. Also own 2 30/06's, a Ruger #1 and a Marlin XL7 bolt action, both very accurate with hand-loaded Sierra 150 grain SBT for deer and 180 grain SBT for elk. Wife's rifle is a 6mm Remington 660, also hand-load Sierra 100 grain SBT. Alas at 79 I don't shoot them enough. Most my time on the range is with my Glock 9mm's (also hand-loaded). EDC is now a 43X but with factory ammo. Wife carries her S&W 380 EZ.

·
Registered
Glock 23 or 27, Sig P365XL or P239 (.40), S&W Mdl.13 or Mdl. 642
15 Posts
Welcome from another old fart with 60 years behind me from SE North Carolina! The 30-06 is a great all around rifle caliper. I know 'cause I got one, a Remington 700 BDL. 😎

·
Premium Member
9,261 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts