Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Did James Holmes even use his 40cal Glock? I thought he only used the AR with the Beta mag and once that malfunctioned he then left the theater and went out into the parking lot?
"There is no valid reason for civilians to have assault rifles, semiautomatic handguns and high-capacity magazines," he said. "We have to start ratcheting down the firepower in civilian hands in the United States."
Um, yes there is, it's called the 2nd Amendment and it's suppose to keep us "Civilians" on par in firepower to our Government so that if our Government ever becomes oppressive and tyrannical we'll have the means to over throw it.
" The United States had a ban on certain types of assault weapons until 2004, when it was allowed to expire. Since then, U.S. gun laws have become progressively more permissive, especially at the state level."
Ban worked real well,LOL. I actually built two "pre-ban" AR's DURING the ban so there ya' go, laws work great if people are gullible enough to follow them. Also, as a general rule criminals DON'T follow laws so they '94 AWB did NOTHING to stop the Colubine Shootings which took place in '99 IIRC, smack dab in the middle of the '94 AWB.
"Since the Colorado shooting, New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg has renewed a push to ban the sale of high-capacity ammunition clips."
Let em' pass a ban on all the "high-capacity ammunition clips" that they want, just don't touch my Standard Capacity Magazines.:D

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I saw that same article. Completely biased against guns and the author is an idiot. Read the other trash he writes for Yahoo! Look at the bright side. It's not a Glock. ;)

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Look at the bright side. It's not a Glock. ;)
I don't think most of these anti-gun types really care if it's a Glock or not. In their twisted little minds ALL Semi-Auto handguns are "Glocks" and need to be banned.
It's really sad that our Government would try to pass laws that would in effect, make most of us into Criminals. At least I know that I'd not give up my Semi-Auto so in their eyes and with their Unconstitutional laws I'd become a Criminal and for what, sticking to the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, wow, our Government really has gone to heck in a handbasket when an otherwise Law Biding Citizen is a "Criminal" simply because he believes and follows the Constitution of the United States of America. Sad times we're living in Bros, very sad times. :(

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I think the statement below is the most disturbing one in the whole article. History has proven that bans do not work and only lead to bigger problems.

"There is no valid reason for civilians to have assault rifles, semiautomatic handguns and high-capacity magazines," he said. "We have to start ratcheting down the firepower in civilian hands in the United States."

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
I think the statement below is the most disturbing one in the whole article. History has proven that bans do not work and only lead to bigger problems.

Let me finish the though:
"so that the Government can have complete control over it's population and not be in fear of THE PEOPLE if it choses to pass Unconstitutional Laws and Limit the Freedom of THE PEOPLE."
Got to read between the lines sometimes.;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
I saw that same article. Completely biased against guns and the author is an idiot. Read the other trash he writes for Yahoo! Look at the bright side. It's not a Glock. ;)
"Semiautomatic handguns are the weapon of choice for mass murderers because they are light and easy to conceal, and adaptable to using high-capacity magazines, experts say. This allows the shooter to fire the maximum number of bullets in a short period of time, said Josh Sugarmann, executive director of the Violence Policy Center, a nonprofit group that advocates to reduce gun violence."

What they conveniently don't mention is that hi-caps also give the legally armed citizen a fighting chance when confronted by a nut.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I'm telling you, you have it all wrong. We have to ban hybrid cars!!!! Right meow!!

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
I'm telling you, you have it all wrong. We have to ban hybrid cars!!!! Right meow!!
Come on meow, you can't be serious meow. I say we ban soda pop meow that we've all gotten so fat off of drinking it. Meow that's a real solution to our problems. :D

P.S.
Love "Super Troopers" excellent move, as was "Beerfest", those guys are comic geniuses. LOL

·
Registered
656 Posts
Come on meow, you can't be serious meow. I say we ban soda pop meow that we've all gotten so fat off of drinking it. Meow that's a real solution to our problems. :D
Isn't the Mayor of New York already doing that? No wait that's guns, no wait that's baby formula, no wait it's all that stuff. How did we end up with a foreign country in the U.S.?

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Isn't the Mayor of New York already doing that? No wait that's guns, no wait that's baby formula, no wait it's all that stuff. How did we end up with a foreign country in the U.S.?
It all started in '34 when we let the Government "infringe" upon or Right to own full auto firearms. From that point on it's all been pretty much down hill. :(

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
Blackmagic02 said:
I remember when New York City was Sodom.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Here's an idea that caters to all sides! restrict the public to single stack mags instead of double stack mags!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Here's an idea that caters to all sides! restrict the public to single stack mags instead of double stack mags!
Umm...no. Then my full capacity magazines would be less concealable. Nobody wants that.

81 Posts
How did we end up with a foreign country in the U.S
Haven't been to Miami lately, have you?

As for the soda, I have to agree that it is dangerous. Yes, I choose to drink it, just like I choose to smoke my cigarettes, but there should be a warning on soda... Caution, drink this beverage and go from a size 10 to a size 18W. Ahhh if I had only known,,,,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts