Ohio High School Shooting

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LT2108, Feb 28, 2012.

1. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Thoughts and prayers to the victims, their family, friends, and all of Chardon High School my cousin is a student here where a teenage boy opened fired in the cafeteria shooting 5 students at this time 2 have succumb to their injuries, 2 are in Critical Condition and 1 is in stable condition.

This is just a horrific tragedy and as a LEO it really gets to me, knowing that all them students did not have a chance because firearms are forbidden on school grounds, once again we face an event where not even faculty is permitted to carry a firearm, not saying that would have changed anything, but I guarantee you he would of thought twice if he knew someone else may be "legally" armed!

God Bless all involved!

Attached Files:

2. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

That's terrible. It's another reason faculty should be allowed to carry. My mother works at a school here in FL that isn't in the best neighborhood. Many of the parents there have attitude problems and make a lot of threats. The local PD knows many of those parents on a first name basis if you know what I mean. It always gives me a knot in my stomach when I think about how faculty can't protect themselves and everyone else. The people who commit these crimes don't care, so why should the innocent be defenseless ?

3. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

I heard the shooter posted on /b/ but it 404'd before I got there yesterday. I seen some memes about it but I won't post them here...

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

In NV, state law allows a CCW permittee who is employed at a school (or courthouse, or library, etc) to get written permission from the administrator (of the school, courthouse, library, etc) to allow him/her to carry on campus (or in courthouse or library, etc). Gun-Free zones are nothing more than areas where those needing protection (our youth) are guaranteed to be defenseless.

From a Yahoo news article: "Some classmates described Lane as an outcast who'd been bullied. In late December, he posted a poem on his Facebook page that read: "He longed for only one thing, the world to bow at his feet," and ended ominously: "Die, all of you."

Our condolences and prayers to the families of the two kids that died, and prayers for the speedy recovery of the other injured students. Sadly, this will be once more used as propaganda material in the foolhardy campaign against guns. I say foolhardy because no amount of laws and restrictions will ever stop a criminal or a twisted individual intent on harming others. Stricter laws only hurth those who obey the law, not those who break them.

From what I have read online, the shooter was a bullying victim, a Goth, and pretty much a loner, and had posted to his FB things like the above. Warning signs that were never heeded. Curiously, he showed the greatest sign of a coward: he was willing to kill others, but couldn't put the gun in his own mouth.

So sad....

5. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Third victim died this morning, one more in serious condition and one in stable condition, this hits home because I have a relative that attends Chardon High, prayers to the family, friends, and faculty may god bless them all !

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

AMEN to that, Brother.

7. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Guess ill take more kids to get killed before states allow to carry on campus...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Tragic...gun free zones protect no one but the killer intent on harming the innocent.

9. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

Happysniper1 that's good to hear you can do that in NV. Wish the rest of the country would wake up. This hits close to home a bit with me. I was "goth" back in high school. I was REALLY into Marilyn Manson, I played guitar, had long hair, wore makeup, and even shaved my eyebrows. I wore black all the time, platform boots and fishnets under my shirt. I looked like one of the guys in Marilyn Manson (Looking back it's kinda weird since I'm trying to become a police officer now... Who'd of thought ?). I got a lot of teasing for that, and it wasn't always easy. The only difference is I'm around 6'2" and the size of a pro wrestler, so while some people messed with me they never really crossed the line. That being said, I know how those kids feel. It's very sad, because if nobody does anything to stop others from tormenting you and you've got nobody to listen to I can see how a kid can be pushed to that limit.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullying is a real problem in schools now days, but there is awareness at that level for students to seek help. Violence is not the answer...

11. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

Forgot to say. I don't condone nor am I trying to make an excuse for what was done. I'm just saying I know how it feels to be tormented for how you choose to dress.

12. Ogre

Ogre New Member

Terrible waste of life here. Gun prohibition, like a few other prohibitions in our society, will not solve these issues of violence and crime only exacerbate them. Prohibition is not taking control, it is the opposite, it is the taking away of right and responsible. I don't think I have any answers but we should look at several issues. In no particular order we need to look at and recognize mental health issues and become aware of that, another that ties into the first is bullying, then we need to teach children to be polite respectful and responsible civic minded individuals. Not sheep or zombies but proactive citizens who put personal responsibility in high regard. People who know and respect the right of Defense of Life, know how to use a firearm and what it can do. If the staff had arms then that situation would not have been so grievous or happened at all.

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

IIRC, the Columbine duo (or was it one of them?) was a victim of bullying, too, wasn't he?

14. cutlass327

cutlass327 New Member

Allow true discipline back into schools, and bullying would no doubt decrease, too!!

15. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Yea same here...im sure everyone has been bullied once in their lives. But some of us jst been bullied to the limit...

16. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

Yeah... I know Columbine was a bullying situation too. I remember 'cause that happened while I was in high school and the principal of my school (in his infinite wisdom) decided to start bothering all the kids who wore all black to see if they'd do the same thing.

17. Ogre

Ogre New Member

I was in school when Columbine happened. I was a poor kid so I was picked on. Still I had a nice L.L. Bean London Fog jacket. Got picked on for that...London Fog Mafia...yeah some kids are dumb and grow up to be dumb adults. Glad I was a levelheaded kid. Dad was a Y2K survivor after all.

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I was once president of the PTA at the elementary school where my kids went. and this is something disturbing that I noticed: too many parents see grade school as "free day care", and therefore do not pay attention to what their kids do or what happens to their kids. Granted, not all parents are this way, but at that school, I tell ya, the only way I could get more than a double handful of parents to attend any PTA nights was to offer free food. A child's level of discipline dictates the level of respect that child will have growing up, and in the early years, that same level of discipline depends entirely on parental guidance and attention. Too many of the "free day care" parents suddenly realize in middle school or high school that their kids are out of control, and then wonder why, and then blame the school, the teachers, the environment, video games, the neighbors, heck they'd blame the milkman if they could, but it is really their own fault. Misguided children are produced by misguided parenting.

It would simply be sad if these misguided children bother no-one but themselves, but this is never the case. And sometimes, it has tragic results.

19. But have we gone so soft that we can't teach our kids how to deal with a bully? You do shoot up a school cause people are picking on you. You don't pass a law cause people are picking on you. What you do is stand up for your self. If it comes down to throwing hands then you do the best you can. You may surprise your self, you may come out the winner. The only way to defeat a bully is to stand up to one. Cause you will learn that you will run across Bully's all through life. Then what are you going to do, who are you going to call then?

20. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

My heart goes out to all the victims. That said you can kiss the 2nd Amendment good-bye if Obama is reelected.