Glock Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,544 Posts
struggled with getting it to focus on the end of the RSA. Looks pretty similar. When in 2020 was yours built? And what kind of round count does it have?

View attachment 264247
Mine is older then 2020 production. It just seems like the got the P365 figured out around 2020. The new oem striker design came out in 2020. Mine is a May of 2018 run. Making it a 2nd Gen. I believe.

Finger Material property Font Thumb Office supplies

My original oem 2018 striker (top) vs the 2020 oem striker. Look at the striker tip. It’s a miracle my 2018 striker never snapped off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
My original oem 2018 striker (top) vs the 2020 oem striker. Look at the striker tip. It’s a miracle my 2018 striker never snapped off.
The few instances of broken strikers I saw made it to around the 2000 round count but yeah I don't blame you for replacing that.

If you can't find a lack of lube or some grit or a piece of brass or something causing your slide to hang where it is I'd guess it was the RSA, but I'm far from a professional armorer. I'm more confident in breaking these things down than I am in my shooting but I can't claim responsibility if you spend $40.

I guess the RSA isn't covered under warranty.. "Normal wear and tear".

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)

I mean.. you could just buy the flat faced trigger. It's probably not a complicated install process. The FCU's don't make a lot of sense @$300+ when you can buy a new XL or P365X for like $500-$650. You get a second FCU, it's only another $500 for a barrel and slide to have you a second P365 or XL. Then it needs a new RSA.. and maybe a grip module.

Frankly? Out of the two? I like my curved trigger. But out of the two FCU's my P365 is butter smooth where the XL trigger is kind of gritty and could use a little help, although it's not horrible. That has nothing to do with the trigger being flat or curved lol. Just one FCU is smoother than the other.

Before I got my XL i was considering buying parts to convert my P365 into one but.. it was simply more practical to just buy the XL.

But yeah.. the trigger shoe itself is $50 and includes 3 pieces. shoe, a pin, and a spring. A lot of people seem to like the greyguns and armory craft adjustable trigger shoes which have overtravel adjustment. But.. personally I find the overtravel with the stock triggers to be pretty minimal to begin with.

I'd ignore the part about "smoother and more consistent".. it feels like a P365 with a flat trigger.. maybe a little longer of a reach for the trigger as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
They also recently released the P365-380 within the week. Retailing right at $499. The only real difference is the slide had to be cut down for weight. Different barrel. A lighter RSA. Different mags. Optic cut plate that is in front of the rear sight dovetail.

Watch the conversion kit cost as much as the gun with an FCU though, which so far hasn't been mentioned other than its the same FCU and grip module.

But also more to the point that you could have a brand new p365 for +/- $200 more than an FCU alone. Where a barrel costs about that much by itself.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
45,142 Posts
They also recently released the P365-380 within the week. Retailing right at $499. The only real difference is the slide had to be cut down for weight. Different barrel. A lighter RSA. Different mags. Optic cut plate that is in front of the rear sight dovetail.

Watch the conversion kit cost as much as the gun with an FCU though, which so far hasn't been mentioned other than its the same FCU and grip module.

But also more to the point that you could have a brand new p365 for +/- $200 more than an FCU alone. Where a barrel costs about that much by itself.
I bought my used Sig 320 compact for about $100 more than a new FCU. Bought a X series Carry grip module and have 2 guns in one.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Gun accessory

As it came used.
Electronic device Recreation Precision sports Machine Circle

With X-Carry frame.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I bought my used Sig 320 compact for about $100 more than a new FCU. Bought a X series Carry grip module and have 2 guns in one.
View attachment 264344
As it came used. View attachment 264345
With X-Carry frame.
Yeah grip modules by themselves are in the realm of affordable and I'm glad Wilson Combat has followed suit in that regard.

But yeah definitely weird how the slide+barrels+rsa+magazines cost more than what you can get in the complete package.

It is nice that everything aside from the FCU is unserialized though.

·
Premium Member
14,544 Posts
The Wilson Combat Module is awesome! It didn’t cause the problems with my my p365. It has always had issues with locking back on the last round. Most of the time it locks back, but not always. It does always fire, & is so accurate. I like the WC P365 module so much, I’m considering buying a new P365. I’d like to get the p365X, but magazine restriction in my state may be coming soon. I would of already just bought another P365, but 2022 has been a rough year financially already. Besides random medical issues, etc. I just found out my property tax will be going up 6.5% this year. I swear they are pricing out hard working, blue collar residents in WA state. It’s very frustrating!!! Rant over, & apologies!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
The Wilson Combat Module is awesome! It didn’t cause the problems with my my p365. It has always had issues with locking back on the last round. Most of the time it locks back, but not always. It does always fire, & is so accurate. I like the WC P365 module so much, I’m considering buying a new P365. I’d like to get the p365X, but magazine restriction in my state may be coming soon. I would of already just bought another P365, but 2022 has been a rough year financially already. Besides random medical issues, etc. I just found out my property tax will be going up 6.5% this year. I swear they are pricing out hard working, blue collar residents in WA state. It’s very frustrating!!! Rant over, & apologies!
They make 10 round mags for the XL grips. They are "State compliant". But really it's just some dimples they put into the 12 round magazines and new holes to indicate where round 10 is. Unless you want the optics cut you could always make it what people are referring to as the P365L with a grip module and some magazines.

I kind of wouldn't mind having the .380 version and I wish all of their optic cut slides were done the way they've done it and on the new Spectre Comp XL which has a compensator built into the slide and uses the short barrel.

That being said.. if an affordable conversion kit comes out I wouldn't mind setting up my P365 for .380. I already have an XL and other 9mm handguns.

·
Premium Member
14,544 Posts
They make 10 round mags for the XL grips. They are "State compliant". But really it's just some dimples they put into the 12 round magazines and new holes to indicate where round 10 is. Unless you want the optics cut you could always make it what people are referring to as the P365L with a grip module and some magazines.

I kind of wouldn't mind having the .380 version and I wish all of their optic cut slides were done the way they've done it and on the new Spectre Comp XL which has a compensator built into the slide and uses the short barrel.

That being said.. if an affordable conversion kit comes out I wouldn't mind setting up my P365 for .380. I already have an XL and other 9mm handguns.
I held the p365 xL specter & Spector comp last week. The Spector comp looks cool. $1200 tag on it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I held the p365 xL specter & Spector comp last week. The Spector comp looks cool. $1200 tag on it.
Yeah you could buy two p365's for that lol. The reviews I've seen say the build in compensator does reduce recoil but I'm more interested in the fact that updated the optics cut. Still.. for $1200, even if I am a fan of gold on black is just too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have WC on three Sigs. P320's and a P365. I put the weight kit in the P365 and it took most of the flip out off it. They fit me better than the factory grips, but to each his own. The best part of the Sig's I like is the modularity. I have subcompact grips, compact and full-size grips to work with. Just fun guns. I like my Glocks too.

Attachments

81 - 95 of 95 Posts