Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Ummm.... Shoot it?

Nice gun by the way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't wait to shoot it lol. I recently had elbow surgery and am about a month or more away from being able to. I figured I would take this down time to pick up a few things.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Having a month down time, this is a great opportunity to get some polishing done by one of our great vendors here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to grab a Hogue slip on grip. because of my elbow problems I need that extra "girth" so I don't have to close as tight of a fist. Would you say Hogue would be the thickest?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Since you can't shoot it right away, maybe take some time and get your CCW.(If you haven't already) Of course, finding a holster you like can take a while. So, doing alot of research on them would be a good idea.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have my ccw, easy to get in pa, no class just a form to fill out. I didn't plan on carrying my Glock due to the size of it. I have a smaller compact 9mm that I use to cc. However I think I caught the glock bug, going to save up a few bucks and trade my other pistol in for a "baby" Glock.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Welcome! If you can't shoot it yet, at least dry fire the hell out of it. And night sights are a start. I plan on picking up Heinie Straight 8s soon.

·
Registered
931 Posts
jeremyx28 said:
Im going to grab a Hogue slip on grip. because of my elbow problems I need that extra "girth" so I don't have to close as tight of a fist. Would you say Hogue would be the thickest?
I would go with the LIMBSAVER it absorbed recoil and it's a little thicker than the HOGUE.

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,973 Posts
Congrats on the buy! That is a great gun I CC my G17G4 all the time in white hat holster when need to be tucked in ( office, church, weddings, formal gatherings) and in remora series 10 when untucked all other times... Very comfy on both and no problem with weight or concealment.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I can't wait to shoot it lol. I recently had elbow surgery and am about a month or more away from being able to. I figured I would take this down time to pick up a few things.
Run the gun before making any changes to it, to make sure it works flawlessly like a Glock will. Then you will know what you feel needs changing.

·
782 Posts
Congrats! As several have already said...shoot it! (and enjoy!)

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
I live in Pa as well and chose the G26 Gen4 as my first gun, and before my background check even cleared I had a list of "customizations" I wanted to do. Most were aesthetic the others were practical. First I wanted a high polished barrel to create that contrast with the black of the slide. Then there's always the lettering...has to be white...(use acrylic nail polish NOT crayon) I also polished the slide stop, pins, and did a $ .25 trigger job. the last one DOES make a difference.
Hey if you have a month to kill, why not make it something to admire as well as something that will be easy to shoot. What ever you decide to do, enjoy it!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nicely done RRoss. I highly recommend that you go to youtubes and find a vid that would show you a complete detail strip of your 17. Don't be apprehensive about this, just do it. You'll be amazed at how easy it is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Putting nailpolish on my gun scares me. I love the look of the white lettering though. I watched a youtube video about it but it didn't really give the best step by step. I tried doing it with a white crayon but wasn't happy with how it came out. Maybe ill try the nail polish route, just need to find a better how-to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ummm why not shoot off hand? I spent a year with my right arm in casts after a very serious elbow fracture. I am now completely ambidextrous and when we run weak hand drills, at work, I almost feel as if I am cheating :)

There maybe times in the future where your strong arm might be incapacitated and now is a good time to learn a new skill set.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im on workmans comp. The last thing that I need is my job to find out that im shooting guns after I just had extensive elbow surgery on their dime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts