Glock Forum banner

OFFICIAL .22LR Thread

9K views 47 replies 18 participants last post by  eltell 
#1 ·
Ok, so there have been a couple of .22LR threads popping up, some of them are repeats, but for the sake of "housekeeping" or the forums, I suggest that we keep all questions/ concerns/ comments to one thread. If you have a specific question about ANYTHING to do with .22LR, throw it in here. I'll start with my question first.

So, I am looking to get a .22LR AR-type rifle, I really Like Mossburg's Tactical AR style .22LR along with the GSG-5, but, I found the Mossburg for about 2-3 hundred bucks, when the gsg-5 is around 4-5.... Now, the thing I liek about the GSG-5 is that there is a beta mag (110 round) option. Does anyone know of anything like that for the mossburg, also If you have a .22LR that you really like, throw up some pics in here :)

#31 ·
Very cool story, my kids are still a bit young for anything other than firearm safety training (3 and 6 years old). For my daughter's 7th birthday I'm thinking of either getting her a high powered break barrel pellet gun or else a (her pick) pink Cricket 22 rifle.

I agree . I never started my kids off with pellet guns but actually may with our 4 year old . Training is key . My 4 year old won't even point a nerd gun at your face ... LOL

#33 ·
Went out today and zero our 22's. An old 19 shot Marlin and two 10/22's. Bought a case of Remington Cyclones and every other one was a pop or crack. Made for a tough time zeroing our scopes for 50 yards. I woild auggest staying away from Remington Cyclones for awhile at least. I think we got a bad batch of bullets.

#34 ·
Marty said:
Went out today and zero our 22's. An old 19 shot Marlin and two 10/22's. Bought a case of Remington Cyclones and every other one was a pop or crack. Made for a tough time zeroing our scopes for 50 yards. I woild auggest staying away from Remington Cyclones for awhile at least. I think we got a bad batch of bullets.
Thanks for the advice. I've got some Elly Prime Aguilla round nose & a box of 525 bulk pack of Winchester hollow points. haven't tried the Winchester yet.

#35 ·
bhale187 said:
Very cool story, my kids are still a bit young for anything other than firearm safety training (3 and 6 years old). For my daughter's 7th birthday I'm thinking of either getting her a high powered break barrel pellet gun or else a (her pick) pink Cricket 22 rifle.
I just got my 10 year old daughter a pink Crickett. Great little gun! She loves it!

Attachments

#39 ·
I just got my 10 year old daughter a pink Crickett. Great little gun! She loves it!
Awesome.

I backed out of buying my daughter one for her birthday or Christmas, I was close, but just never did it. I'm still torn on getting the cricket or a 10/22 in pink. The cricket is obviously lighter and shorter LOP (I think), but I'm leaning towards the 10/22 because its a gun she could keep and use forever along with upgrading it later if she wants.

I spent the day today looking for a pink camo 20ga for my 17 year old niece for deer hunting. No luck at the gun shop, Scheels had them in the Mossberg 500 Bantham, but she wanted a Remington 870. Looks like she's going to buy a synthetic 870 and DIY pink camo dip or else duracoat it.

#43 ·
Anyone have a Walther SP22? Wondering how they are for field strip and any ammo they don't like?

I saw one of these at a gun show, love the ergos. Was very tempting.

How are the Neo's for field strip and cleaning?

Any ammo they don't like?
It's easy enough to field strip. The barrel is held onto the frame by a single threaded stud and thumb wheel. Taking the barrel assembly off is a little annoying IMO though. You have to depress the wheel catch while simultaneously loosening the thumb wheel. Your hands will stay busy during that operation. Then you can lift off the barrel. It's all in the manual though if you were to forget.

I haven't done extensive ammo testing, but they have worked well with Remington Golden Bullet round nose & hollow point, and Aguilla round nose & HP. I have yet to test Winchester, I have a 550 round bulk pack of HP. My G17 Advantage Arms kit had more malfunctions than these Berettas. They're fun.

I did lose all the extractor bits on the 6" model using the Remington Golden ammo, but they were easily ordered and replaced.

#46 ·
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Wood

I've lost count of the number of kids I've started shooting, with this little Model 6 Remington Falling Block .22! It's only 33 inches long . I only use standard velocity ammo in it. other wise you need a pair of pliers to extract the spent case! I used to blow up balloons as targets and place them at about 20 feet ! I then used to move the kids up to a bolt action .22 with a low powered scope ! Kept em interested! Just recently I started down sizing the number of rifles I had but I couldn't bring myself to sell the old girl!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.