Glock Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Anyone have a Walther SP22? Wondering how they are for field strip and any ammo they don't like?

· Registered
295 Posts
Anyone have a Walther SP22? Wondering how they are for field strip and any ammo they don't like?

I saw one of these at a gun show, love the ergos. Was very tempting.

How are the Neo's for field strip and cleaning?

Any ammo they don't like?
It's easy enough to field strip. The barrel is held onto the frame by a single threaded stud and thumb wheel. Taking the barrel assembly off is a little annoying IMO though. You have to depress the wheel catch while simultaneously loosening the thumb wheel. Your hands will stay busy during that operation. Then you can lift off the barrel. It's all in the manual though if you were to forget.

I haven't done extensive ammo testing, but they have worked well with Remington Golden Bullet round nose & hollow point, and Aguilla round nose & HP. I have yet to test Winchester, I have a 550 round bulk pack of HP. My G17 Advantage Arms kit had more malfunctions than these Berettas. They're fun.

I did lose all the extractor bits on the 6" model using the Remington Golden ammo, but they were easily ordered and replaced.

· Grumpy Old Man
11,352 Posts
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Wood

I've lost count of the number of kids I've started shooting, with this little Model 6 Remington Falling Block .22! It's only 33 inches long . I only use standard velocity ammo in it. other wise you need a pair of pliers to extract the spent case! I used to blow up balloons as targets and place them at about 20 feet ! I then used to move the kids up to a bolt action .22 with a low powered scope ! Kept em interested! Just recently I started down sizing the number of rifles I had but I couldn't bring myself to sell the old girl!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts