OFFICIAL .22LR Thread

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by bryanbrescia, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Ok, so there have been a couple of .22LR threads popping up, some of them are repeats, but for the sake of "housekeeping" or the forums, I suggest that we keep all questions/ concerns/ comments to one thread. If you have a specific question about ANYTHING to do with .22LR, throw it in here. I'll start with my question first.

So, I am looking to get a .22LR AR-type rifle, I really Like Mossburg's Tactical AR style .22LR along with the GSG-5, but, I found the Mossburg for about 2-3 hundred bucks, when the gsg-5 is around 4-5.... Now, the thing I liek about the GSG-5 is that there is a beta mag (110 round) option. Does anyone know of anything like that for the mossburg, also If you have a .22LR that you really like, throw up some pics in here :)

2. Also, since I'm not into .22LR that much yet, any suggestions on what the best ammo is? At lucky gunner, I found in bulk of 5k that they cost $189, not bad, considering its just around 4 cents a round, and its Federal. Anyone know how good Blazer's ammo is?

3. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

Blazers bulk ammo good also anything else from cci. Mini mags awesome, quick shock, and stingers even better. Here are some cool rimfires I own.

4. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

Ruger 10/22 & S& W m& p

ForumRunner_20120224_152641.jpg

Attached Files:

5. malladus

malladus New Member

No picture, but other then a non-tacticool tricked out 10/2, I have a SiG 522. Once I got the recoil spring clip upgrade for it, has been a real hoot to shoot.

It tends to eat whatever I feed it and is minute of hits what needs to be hit for matches with most ammo. I've been playing around lately with the various manufacutres .22 carbine load ammo and it seems to really like that stuff.

malladus

6. In light of this thread, this was just posted on you tube from a guy i subscribe to........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bATpXT15LY&feature=g-u-u&context=G2b0539aFUAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

7. You might want to read into the Mossburg's some more. I read a lot of bad reviews when I was reading into them. Bang for the buck my choice is the S/W M&P 15/22. Any exterior AR/M4 accessory will bolt on and some trigger parts. You won't get that with the mossburg if you think you may ever want to really trick it out.

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

The GSG-5s are great, only problem I had with mine was the butt stock was super cheap plastic and IMO should be replaced. I had a first run model though, so this issue may be fixed.

Attached Files:

9. bhale187

Can't go wrong with the 10/22s, endless customizing options on them. The new Ruger BX-25 mags are awesome, finally having a hicap mag that works for the 10/22 has made them so much more fun. Top is Tapco Intrafuse stock, bottom is for sale or trade in the Wanted section here ;)

Attached Files:

10. bhale187

I love the Ruger MKII, MKIII, and 22/45 series, until it comes time to field strip them of course :eek:

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
  11. PM sent!......

12. Awesome stuff guys, keep em coming.... what is the best bulk ammo to buy? Im looking into Federal in a pack of 5k

13. bhale187

Federal Champion is great bulk ammo, seems to be the best feeding in all my 22s. Not too dirty, and plenty accurate for plinking and even squirel hunting.

For match ammo I like Lapua, but it's way more expensive than Champion. I've heard the Wolf Match Target is really good too, but not had a chance to try it myself yet.

14. What about penetration? I know its a big debate, but does .22LR penetrate the human skull in the case of Zombies :p

15. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

I'm sure a mush brain Zombie is no problem for a .22. I've seen deer and hogs shot between eyes with .22 and humanly put down.

16. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Does your 10/22 have the hammer forged heavy barrel? If so I have the same rifle and it is a real shooter, even with federal 550 round bulk ammo. It will shot .25 MOA or better with Eley match ammo.

17. bhale187

Yes, it's the hammer forged heavy. I got it as a gift, they only time I shot it was 1 mag to make sure it functioned well before I scoped it.

18. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

My rimfires...

[​IMG]

^^ .22 short / long / long rifle ^^

[​IMG]

^^ .22 long rifle ^^

[​IMG]

^^ .22 magnum ^^

19. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I bought my 11 year old a Ruger 10/22 for his Bday and told hims to pick out any accessories he wanted . Only catch was he had to install them. Well he picked out the Archangel kit , a try mag kit , front grip lol , flash light , nc star scope and a cool skull magazine release...I sat with him but he did all the work ..It was a great father / son project .. I also recently got him a S&W 22a ... He is a really good shot.

Now my 9 year old daughter wants a rifle , but we have to get the hello Kitty stock LMAO !!!!

Attached Files:

20. bhale187

Very cool story, my kids are still a bit young for anything other than firearm safety training (3 and 6 years old). For my daughter's 7th birthday I'm thinking of either getting her a high powered break barrel pellet gun or else a (her pick) pink Cricket 22 rifle.