Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing that information from Glock stated in any of their litchure,you may want to contact them for a answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the welcome! And also the response! Yeah that's what Im figuring as well. I was just curious because I'm learning about zeroing, as I purchased my first red dot optic, and also wanted to sight in the irons just to see if they were off. I heard one of the YouTube cha nels I watch mention that different manufacturers may use different POA/I distances for their OEM sights, so I figured this is the place to ask other than asking Glock directly.

·
Premium Member
14,648 Posts
Hey there, I'm wondering does anyone know at what distance the point of aim/impact is supposed to be for OEM Glock sights (plastic)?
I’ve looked on the internet for about 45 min. I cannot find any poa/ poi for Glock oem plastic sights. I’m starting to think that it may vary by caliber. So Glock probably just doesn’t provide the information due to the multiple variables. Even in the same caliber bullet weight, & ammo make could probably effect POA/POI. Please don’t take the above as any type of fact. I’m guessing at this point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah you're absolutely right, I didn't even think about that until now after reading your response. Even if they did test each caliber and release a "standard", it would be completely reliant on that exact ammunition they used to acquire that standard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to simply test for myself before zeroing the optic next time I'm at the range anyhoo. I'm using a 43xMOS with a Sheild RMSc, which is small and low profile enough that the stock plastic sights can fully cowitness. So I just wanna make sure that I know where the POI for the irons are incase I ever have to use them as a backup. ..although .. I am planning on replacing them regardless haha. So I'll just do it once more when the new sights come in. Thanks, guys! I appreciate the discussion

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
I'm going to simply test for myself before zeroing the optic next time I'm at the range anyhoo. I'm using a 43xMOS with a Sheild RMSc, which is small and low profile enough that the stock plastic sights can fully cowitness. So I just wanna make sure that I know where the POI for the irons are incase I ever have to use them as a backup. ..although .. I am planning on replacing them regardless haha. So I'll just do it once more when the new sights come in. Thanks, guys! I appreciate the discussion
I have a Shield RMSC,the only thing I wish is they would produce it in green.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
Hell yeah dude, I'd personally love to have an FDE one. I like OD Green as well. Overall I very much like the RMSc so far.
Not quite what you think, a green dot instead of red.

Reactions: Bayou

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahhhhh I see lol, thought you meant the actual color of the housing, like they have with the RMS X. I agree though, I've actually contemplated switching to a 507k just for that reason. I also very much like the square shape of the 507, it looks cool imo.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
For those shooters with astigmatism the green dot color choice is usually the better color choice option,I know for myself that is the case.

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
Premium Member
14,648 Posts
OEM Glocks should be zero at about 15-20 yards, depending on ammo weight.

What you really want to know is trajectory, typically to 50 yards.

View attachment 271322
SixG17’s is that a program you have? If so I’m curious if you know what .357 Sig 125gr drop off at 50 yards looks like. Is it pretty similar?

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Don't have a program, just a chart off the net. But if your 357SIG is going the same speed as a 9mm with that weight bullet, the trajectory will be the same. If you crank it to 1,500 fps, it will be flatter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts