Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pretty much carry all the time. Unless I am actually barred by law I usually carry. Barred places to me are those places in LAW that say I can not carry (schools, post offices, you know all those places where only criminals can carry). If for example a movie theater here in Louisiana has said "no firearms," this is a policy much like, "no outside food or drink." If discovered to have outside food or drink or other prohibited items and asked to leave I will gladly exit and not make a fuss.

(So far this is not living up to the hype as the oddest question yet.)

Here is my odd question. My wife and I, along with another couple will be going to a theater event tonight and I am debating on carrying my firearm for a very special reason. The reason is we will be seeing the Blueman Group and be on the front row. I know nothing about the Blueman Group except the first three rows are referred to as "Poncho Seats" and evidently the first rows get drenched. This concert is about 2 hours away from my home and I am at a loss. I do not want to ride all the way back with a firearm in a wet leather holster next to my skin. Plus, what if the dye the Blueman Group uses changes the color of my Galco Tuck-in-Go from a manly brown to a yellow and pink mix! Opinions are very welcome.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
That is where a "Clip Draw and a MIC" would come in handy I suppose.
I have no idea what it would do to your holster but if in doubt, possibly a fanny pack, camera case?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Buy the album. Sorry I just had to.

Seriously though, event security can be some of the best at spotting contraband, and people carrying things that aren't allowed. It would be a shame to pay for tickets, drive all that way, & be denied entrance. Purses & bags are usually searched.

Whenever I've had a concern about gear getting exposed to moisture, or something it shouldn't, I just put it in a freezer bag wrapped with a couple of rubber bands. Phones, comm, guns, all the same.

Good Luck - Stay Safe & Have A Good Time

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even though I have lost over 40 pounds in the last couple of months, I am still over 300 and 6'2" tall, and I am concealing a tiny Beretta Nano 9mm, IWB under bluejeans and a polo shirt. I'm really not worried about printing or event security. My major concern is the "elemental" factors of this show.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
If you're doing IWB carry at the 3 or 3:30 position, you should be OK. Your shirt should take the brunt of it. Bring a shirt in a ziploc bag or leave an extra shirt in the car and change out of it.

Since its an IWB holster, it shouldn't matter what color it may get "Dyed" to. Plus, you could always shoe polish it to darken it if the current finish is "raw" leather.

I thought they handed out those plastic poncho things.

It's been a couple of years since I"ve been to a BMG show.

D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.