Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by wrpNYFL, Jun 28, 2012.

1. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I can only pray that we are strong enough in November to elect Romney, who has vowed to repeal ObamaCare. The supreme court has levied an uncontrollable tax on us all by upholding ObamaCare.

God help us, when we are forced to buy something because they decide a penalty is a tax. Healthcare will either become unbelievably expensive, and/or rationing will effect us all.

Good luck everyone.

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree. We all need to stick together and for those who believe your vote won't count, you are mistaken!

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I just got sick......

4. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

We need to take back the Senate and keep the House!!! November will be the most important election in our or our children's lifetimes.

5. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

You guys don't need to worry the only people that are going to pay for it are those few losers with jobs that aren't sucking on the the government's teat. What a bunch of losers....

Seriously, this is concerning... I am pissed.... Whether we like him or not I think we should side with Romney... This healthcare scheme is BS.

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Can I go by the Eric Holder rule of law and vote in 500 different areas??

7. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Here's the rest of the story. If you remember Obamacare was passed with a couple of key votes. Those votes were bought with a promise to those representatives, that their States share of Obamacare costs would be paid for by The Federal Government. The rest os the States didn't get such a sweet deal. In essence it's just a mandate that the individual States provide healthcare for all, and pay for it out of the States treasury. Since the States are all pretty much in the red already, or broke, they will be attaching everything you own in lieu of payment for their substandard Ghetto Healthcare, aka Medicade.

In California, Medicade is called MediCal. Here's a copy of an actual notification of seizure. If you, or your parents don't have a plan B, to pay for what Medicare doesn't cover, and you accept Government Healthcare benefits, the State will attach everything you, or your family member owns for payment. In other words, you lose the family farm. Real estate, bank accounts, guns, personal possessions, all of it gets taken for services rendered. No inheritance for the kids, or family.

And in every case I've heard of, the amount the State says it's owed, exactly matches the value of the estate attached. They have extreme latitude in this, and just get out their sharp pencils, and go back as far as they want to be able to take it all. No one has ever fought this and won. So if your forced to sign up, and can't buy your own insurance for some reason, you end up trading a family legacy fo a long line & an aspirin.

This is just a copy of California's "Estate Recovery Program", all states will adopt something similar, they have to, because there's no money to pay for "Free Healthcare"

[​IMG]

8. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

And the illegals get free healthcare thanks to us correct?

9. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

Edit : still get

10. series11

That is 100% correct and while the morons here (In CA) love the fact that everyone is getting great Obamacare now they fail to see or ignore the fact that it hurts business even more and that it allows the government to seize assets. This is so stupid....

11. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Unfortunately all most people hear is the words "free healthcare".

12. series11

Yep, "Obama Stash" must be pretty big, funny in my paycheck next to FICA it says Obama Stash....

13. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

Sorry, you're wrong. You've misunderstood the definition of "Estate" as used in that document. This only affects real or personal property where the beneficiary had an ownership interest at the time of his death.
    To get around this, simply transfer title to all property to the heirs *before* the death of the beneficiary. If the beneficiary wants to continue to control these assets, he should create a holding company and transfer title to that company with his desired heirs as owners, and himself as the Director. The state CANNOT attach assets to which the beneficiary does not have an ownership interest at the time of his death.

Basically, this "Medi-Cal Estate Recovery Program" is a tax on the stupid. Don't be stupid and you don't have to pay the tax.

But here's what I find really interesting: You've attacked the portion of this program that attempts to enforce personal responsibility for health care. Do you feel that the government should just provide free healthcare to a person who has the ability to pay, but chooses not to? This beneficiary has all sorts of assets at his disposal; shouldn't he be required to sell them to pay his medical bills, or should we socialize his medical care, provide it without attaching his assets?

What exactly is your position on socialized health care?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  14. Stock up on ammo boys. Freedom, and liberty died today. Even if Romney and conservatives win in November, this "legislative" court (yes, I meant to say legislative, not judicial) just set precedent that the government can tax anything it wants. I wonder what Robert's price was? Robert's is a traitor to this great country. A very sad day.

Jim

15. I liked that post better when it said "a tax on being stupid". Everyone should have an advanced degree in tax avoidance just to keep what is theirs......right?

It is a giant shell game that is nothing more than a power grab. The nanny state just hit hyper drive and Chicago politics are at the helm.

Oh, my kids get to stay on my "insurance" plan until they have been legal adults for eight years?.......Nevermind, I love it now....

16. Sorry, that wasn't very constructive. Very disappointed today, apparently my gag reflex triggered incoherent sarcasm.

17. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

I got it though.....

18. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Came across fine to me, accurate sarcasm, nothing offensive in that. I just posted the document so people could see tangible evidence of the process. I don't solicit, or accept legal advice on the internet, stuff like that has a way of staying on your hard drive. I would encourage anyone that has elderly relatives & friends to discuss what government paid benefits they may be signed up for. And the possible consequences. And of course only depend on the best current legal advice you can afford.

There are a lot of good Americans out there, some are getting a little older. Our parents, grandparents, extended family. They come from a time when everyone pretty much trusted the government, to do otherwise was not how they were raised. And as people age, their world shrinks to something they can manage. They usually don't follow the news, or politics much. So it's up to us to help them out & keep them informed. I would never call them "Stupid", I have too much respect for their life & times.

My Grandfathers advice on calling others "Stupid" was pretty foolproof. Just stand in front of a mirror, say it out loud, and you'll be half right.

19. It was easier to trust the <federal> government when they only did what the constitution entitled them them to do.

The ironic thing is that if you want the federal government to only perform the tasks that they have the constitutional authority to provide, you are labeled a right wing regressive whacko. But I guess the commerce clause was put there by the founders to allow limitless extensions to the power of the federal gubment.

20. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

So...1776 anyone?? ;) The 4th is right around the corner!