Obama makes free speech a felony.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mike P, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Interesting........

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SGWH3kirzg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Congress does not have this power...this is bullcrap.

3. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

It is amazing how much of our Constitution is being 'rewritten' (destroyed)

4. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

A Obama Zombie in my office was talking to another OZ and were loudly blabbing about how stupid Americans are and that America is stupid in general because they are stupid and aren't abiding with Obama (their savior). This is also the same person that stated that if we followed the constitution there would be slavery again. You guys should be proud I didn't use my Zombie be gone.... (Logic) as it would have been wasted anyway.

5. cvitter

cvitter New Member

Ok, so first off, Obama signed the bill that passed Congress with over whelming support on both sides of the aisle. To say blame this solely on Obama is wrong. Republicans AND Democrats are in the wrong here. Before everyone gets too fired up it would be good to read up on what this bill is and is not:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/how-big-deal-hr-347-criminalizing-protest-bill

(Yes I am am member of the ACLU, EFF as well as the NRA, IDPA, and GSSF. Feel free to take shots at me, I have heard it all before.)

This bill IS wrong and it will be used to abuse the free speech of people who wish to protest someone who is under the protection of the Secret Service. Blaming Obama will fix nothing though. This is something that starts with your representatives and senators as they actually write laws.

6. series11

I think that you got it right when you said that both sides are wrong. While I side a little more on the conservative, I think both sides are looking after their side and not the best interest of the people. I do not like Obama but to fix this problem we should clean house as both sides are not thinking of the people that put them in power.

Obama is the figure head and to just get rid of him means that another is going to take his place. As much as I dislike Obama the republicans are not looking any better at this point as they are fighting for the top against themselves.

I still dislike that he signed this bill though.

7. jimmyalbrecht

Yes, but he was the only person standing in the way of that bill being passed, and he signed it haha. So it is just as much his fault as all of those other people. He is a large part of our problem right now. I'm not stupid, and I realize getting rid of him will not solve all of our nations problems, but I do know that it would be a great first step.

8. cvitter

cvitter New Member

It is hard for the president to not sign a bill with such bi-partisan support. He should not have signed it but he is a politician. I bet Romney, Santorum and Gingrich all would have signed it they had been in the office.

People assign way too much blame/kudos to presidents. Facts are that they don't have the magical impact people think they do unless they do something like send the nation to war needlessly (*cough*Iraq*coughBush*cough) and empty the country's coffers.

But take what I have to say with a grain of salt because I am a gun toting, ACLU card carrying, liberal who admits they voted for Obama. ;)

9. jimmyalbrecht

Your flaw is that you assume I am a Republican because I don't like Obama. I recognize Bush wasn't that great, he claimed that the Constitution was just a GD piece of paper. I would not vote for either Romney or Obama in the coming election if I had a choice. The problem is that because of the media coverage and the way our political system has digressed, we are only given two options.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  10. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Here is my freedom of speech!

image-4200287711.jpg

Attached Files:

11. series11

Roger that sigpi11. He may have not been the only one but he is a good place to start.

12. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I try not to assume anything. I don't consider myself either a republican or a democrat. I always vote for the candidate I believe most closely matches my personal views and I tend not to be a one issue voter. There have been races in which I did not vote for a candidate because none of the options were acceptable.

I have been disappointed with Obama in many ways but I still feel that was the best choice for me personally. Gun rights have not been impacted negatively by his presidency. Our rights have actually expanded in almost all ways in the last few years and Obama has made very little effort to impede that progress?

13. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

The president is a LEADER, regardless of how much 'power' he truly has. The President of The United States sets a tone across the world... he can persuade people into a belief or set of beliefs... he can choose to truly lead - even against all other lawmakers, political & global elite, 'offshore bankers' that have hijacked & occupied our nation silently (yes, call me crazy, I think we are already occupied and no longer sovereign)... he can affect how Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Egypt, Israel, Russia, and other nations perceive us and respect or fail to respect us... no other single person in the world has that sway. So regardless of POWER, the president is still responsible for MANY things that go on in the world - just by what he says, fails to say, does, does not do... and do we even still REALLY choose our president, or does some mysterious machine give us a turd and tell us to pick the cleanest side? There is no left & right any longer - just corruption with a different face. Same coin, two sides... same coin.

14. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Well said!!!!!

15. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Amen brother, Amen!

16. That vid was really disturbing. Pre-empted free speech. Are the days of forums like this numbered as well?

17. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

Plain & simple: obAma easily trumped osAma Bin Laden as America's #1 enEmy. Still he trumps anyone recognized as such. obAma has blatantly and openly committed act after act of treason against this nation.

The problem began with us: the American Society. This generation is the result of being subdued, brain-washed and dumbed down by our governmental educational system to the point that even flagrant treason can go unchecked. The result of this liberal strategy is a society that can be herded (influenced to vote liberals into office) at will.

I too believe we are no longer sovereign. If you knew what I know, you'd know it to be a fact also. ~ Damned hard pill to swallow... and personally I find I have to swallow it (remind myself of it) daily.

For anyone that supports obAma, I would like to know (in the shortest terminology possible) just what it is exactly about hIm that "lines up with your beliefs"? How have you convinced yourself to support this American-hating, enEmy of the Constitution?

My feelings for hIm? Six words: **** obAma. hE's guilty of treason.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  18. jimmyalbrecht

Holy crap!? What alternate reality have you been living in?

19. cvitter

cvitter New Member

Virginia. It is easier than ever to buy and carry in this state.

20. jimmyalbrecht

That's called state law. That in no way means that our president is pro-gun lol. People these days.