Glock Firearms banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure what county you live in, but most county`s here in NY won`t let you use law enforcement as references (any county officials for that matter). I was told conflict of intrest is why we cant use LE (or county officials) for references in my county. You might want to talk to your county clerks at the court house on that. Make sure you`re in the clear, because that would suck having to start the process all over again and be delayed that much longer.

And GOOD LUCK, i hope you get it! Back when i got mine, 3 month wait, it was in my hand.
I live in a direct suburb of Buffalo, NY in Erie County and you absolutely can use LE as a reference for your pistol permits. However it does state something about your references cannot be employed by the Sheriffs Dept. So if you live in a municipality with it's own PD, they can be used as references if you know one. If you live in an area serviced only by the sherrifs department, I guess you cannot. Dont know why that is but thems the rules.

·
Low speed High drag
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
The LEO sign off depends on what county. Some allow any and all LEO ,some only allow PDs and no Sheriff's and some wont accept any. This is the problem with NY! Each county has their own process and it should be uniform for the whole state.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
The LEO sign off depends on what county. Some allow any and all LEO ,some only allow PDs and no Sheriff's and some wont accept any. This is the problem with NY! Each county has their own process and it should be uniform for the whole state.
Jersey was like that with purchasers card. Live in the wrong county or city and you can forget about it. Perpetual background check. I saw a video of a guy confronting the guy in charge of purchaser ID and he told him it wasn’t going to happen.
That’s just to buy a gun. Carry license is an impossibility.

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
Assume you are talking about a NYS Concealed Weapon Permit. Each county has their own process. Some are tougher than others. Hate to tell you what it took for me to get a Full Carry in New York City.

Bob
I live in NYS, i surely know full well what you went through. And it shouldn`t have to happen to any of us ANYWHERE in NY.... BUT.... it does.

Hopefully, that is going to change real soon for the whole country, IF, the SCOTUS does the right thing. But i`m not holding my breath. Even if the SCOTUS does do the right thing, they wont seal the deal permanently. They always seem to leave the door open a little bit on us so that it can be challenged AGAIN, later. And with the state of the country right now, these unconstitutional politicians will just do what they want. They will continue to inflict wrong laws everyday, which takes DECADES to undo their wrong. In the meantime, people suffer trying to get cases to the court`s to overturn them. The all we can do is wait, for the courts to do the right thing for us all.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
I live in NYS, i surely know full well what you went through. And it shouldn`t have to happen to any of us ANYWHERE in NY.... BUT.... it does.

Hopefully, that is going to change real soon for the whole country, IF, the SCOTUS does the right thing. But i`m not holding my breath. Even if the SCOTUS does do the right thing, they wont seal the deal permanently. They always seem to leave the door open a little bit on us so that it can be challenged AGAIN, later. And with the state of the country right now, these unconstitutional politicians will just do what they want. They will continue to inflict wrong laws everyday, which takes DECADES to undo their wrong. In the meantime, people suffer trying to get cases to the court`s to overturn them. The all we can do is wait, for the courts to do the right thing for us all.
The amount of arm twisting of the Supreme Court by Democrats over the NY case is unparalleled. From city councils to the President, they know the law(s) are unconstitutional but they’re terrified.
Between Obamacare and election decisions, I fear facts don’t really matter anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
The amount of arm twisting of the Supreme Court by Democrats over the NY case is unparalleled. From city councils to the President, they know the law(s) are unconstitutional but they’re terrified.
Between Obamacare and election decisions, I fear facts don’t really matter anymore.
200% AGREE with you, i feel the same exact way about it!!!!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
Font Circle Art Plant Handwriting

As with what has happened since carry laws went mainstream throughout the 90’s in most of America, a lot of non-gun people became 2A supporters. That’s a direct threat to Democrat’s stranglehold of power in blue states. Democrats know this and relenting on gun control as a major plank of their platform is a nonstarter.

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
View attachment 257546
As with what has happened since carry laws went mainstream throughout the 90’s in most of America, a lot of non-gun people became 2A supporters. That’s a direct threat to Democrat’s stranglehold of power in blue states. Democrats know this and relenting on gun control as a major plank of their platform is a nonstarter.
Hope and pray brother. Its all we can do.
But if they do allow handguns to previously denied, i sure hope those who are new to gun ownership, GET proper training before carrying. I feel there will be an uptick in self inflicted injuries, accidental discharges, and the anti-gun fanatics will capitalize on that 1,000%. Useful ignorance, to them, is a winning strategy in THEIR eyes. To the tune of, "SEE, WE TOLD YOU SO", and then here we go down a different rabbit hole all over again. These leftist commie turds will NEVER stop coming at the gun owners.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
Hope and pray brother. Its all we can do.
But if they do allow handguns to previously denied, i sure hope those who are new to gun ownership, GET proper training before carrying. I feel there will be an uptick in self inflicted injuries, accidetal discharges, and the anti-gun fanatics will capitalize on that 1,000%. Useful ignorance, to them, is a winning strategy in THEIR eyes. To the tune of, "SEE, WE TOLD YOU SO", and then here we go down a different rabbit hole all over again. These leftist commie turds will NEVER stop coming at the gun owners.
Font Screenshot Number Document

Font Number Document

Font Number Circle Screenshot Event

As we have seen proven over and over again. States that enact liberal (as in looser) carry laws have not seen the OK corral scenarios play out daily like the prohibitionists have bemoaned.

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
View attachment 257548
View attachment 257549
View attachment 257550

As we have seen proven over and over again. States that enact liberal (as in looser) carry laws have not seen the OK corral scenarios play out daily like the prohibitionists have bemoaned.
Agreed!
We`ll never convince libtard`s that if a criminal knows a person is armed, that criminal is less likely to mess with that armed person... because it makes to much sense.

Their data numbers dont account for those who don`t need permission slips from the goobermint either, BUT, they KNOW those numbers are far bigger than people really know.

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
In Alabama, CCW permits are issued by the County Sheriff. Fortunately most counties (including mine) operate on the "shall issue" principle.
I think the counties want the revenue. It costs me $20 per year but varies by county.
Our permits in our county is given to us by the county clerks office. It has to go thru the county sheriff`s dept, and the county judge, for approval, first. We now have a new judge that likes coming in on his days off just to sign off on the permits so that people can get them much faster.

In NYS now, we have to recertify our pistol permits every 5yrs with the state police now. That started about 4yrs ago. And if you forget to recertify, they WILL come take your permit AND your guns away from you. Use to be, you had your permission slip until they revoked it. We dont pay anything for the recertification though, nore do we pay any renewal fees in our county. Once you have your permission slip, all you pay for after that is a fee of $5 for each gun put on or removed from your permission slip.

Everything is different in each county here, but this is how ours operates. They are VERY 2A friendly in my county. We are only one of 2 counties left that you can buy the gun the same day, hand them a purchase coupon (permission coupon is what WE call them) and take your handgun home the same day you buy it. Then you have 10 days to go to the clerks office to register it. The rest of the county`s usually have to buy the gun, run back to their county permission grantor's, have it put it on their permit, then go back to the gun store to pick up their gun. Most all the county`s want the gun on the permit before they can pick up the gun. They want to make sure nobody slips thru the cracks and doesn`t register their guns.

I have a PA license to carry as well... in an out of the sheriff`s dept in 20 minutes max, $20 bucks, you`re all done. Mine is good for 5yrs, then i have to go back to PA and renew it for another $20. And PA doesn`t list what handguns you have on the permit either. I think PA allows residents to buy a handgun without a permit, but if you carry it, it has to be openly displayed on your front seat of your car and not concealed. I`m sure like anywhere else, this varies from county to county. If you are going to carry concealed, THEN, you have to get a CCW permit. I never understood why they do it like that, but it is what it is. I wouldn`t want MY gun carried in the open no matter where i live. But thats just me. I`m not the type of person that wants to parade around out there displaying a weapon of ANY kind. I want the criminal to be caught off guard.

As i see it, ALL permits and fee`s are an unconstitutional law(s) against us. All of it should be dumped nationwide. Why we are still paying for our rights, is beyond, me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
In my county in New York, you pay $5.00 for a purchase permit and take it to any licensed gun dealer in the state and buy the gun you want and take it home with you. You than have to take the gun and your permit into the Sheriffs department within 10 days to have it added to your permit, but you have the gun and can use it during that time.

Also got a PA permit buy showing my NYC Carry Permit, which they photo copied and then issued me the PA permit on the spot.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
In my county in New York, you pay $5.00 for a purchase permit and take it to any licensed gun dealer in the state and buy the gun you want and take it home with you. You than have to take the gun and your permit into the Sheriffs department within 10 days to have it added to your permit, but you have the gun and can use it during that time.

Also got a PA permit buy showing my NYC Carry Permit, which they photo copied and then issued me the PA permit on the spot.

Bob
Bob, what county are you in (?)

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
View attachment 257546
It's coming weather the Marxist's like it or not.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
It's coming weather the Marxist's like it or not.

As I’ve witnessed as an observer and a police officer, slam dunk cases end up with jaw dropping decisions much too often.
It always seems to be some outlier innocuous case that upends the whole system versus an eagerly anticipated high profile case.
🤔Can you be cautiously pessimistic?

101 - 120 of 123 Posts