NY full carry permit!

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Greywood, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

NYS
    LOL! A 43X is definitely on my list!
    FYI.....My anti gun wife bought me the G48....ha!

Peepaw and Southlake like this.
  2. Greywood

NYS
    I kinda do. They all know Diesel though!

jhg and Southlake like this.

3. glockin9

glockin9 Well-Known Member Supporter

That is a real hassle,glad I live in the KY.and not the NY.:D

Greywood and TheKraken like this.
  4. Greywood

NYS
    Still waiting!
    As soon as I get my permit I'm buying the frame for my 10mm and sending it off to Voatak to be pimped out! They do amazing work and even do ceracoat so I may have them make it multicam while they tune it up.

TheKraken likes this.
  5. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Sweet...I can't wait to see what you have done to the frame.

6. Greywood

NYS
    Voatak is in Florida and builds some great firearms and has some of the best training I've seen! You should definitely check them out.

TheKraken likes this.
  7. TheKraken

I definitely will.

8. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    They’re going to give you your permit when you are about to move out of state.

Greywood likes this.
  9. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    Here in il,you need a 16 hr course (8 hrs if military),a f.o.i.d. card (firearms owner id),I believe we might be the only state requiring a f.o.i.d to purchase firearms and ammo.also a $150 fee,and you will wait at the minimum 90 days with prints,and 120 days without.I wish you luck with the judge.

Greywood likes this.
  10. Greywood

NYS
    I wish New York was that easy...lol

11. Greywood

NYS
    It's funny you say that! The wife and I have been talking about moving alot lately! Probably with in the next 5 years we will be buying a 2nd house. We've been looking at different areas on the east coast.

Danzig and Dark Knight like this.
  12. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

You will need a horse trailer to move all the dogs and cats lol

13. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    East Coast better not be New Jersey. Then it will be out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Firedog likes this.
  14. Greywood

NYS
    Update.
    Stopped by the court clerks office today. They told me my application went to the judge on November 13th.
    This is the step where it could be months before I hear anything.

Fingers crossed!

15. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Good luck

16. TheKraken

Best if Luck man!

17. Peepaw

Peepaw Well-Known Member

Good luck.

18. Glockfinger

Glockfinger Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

So you cant even take possession of the gun until you are approved for the permit?

19. Greywood

NYS
    Correct!

So if you live in NY to own a handgun you must have a permit before you can have the handgun. Depending on what county you live in there are several different permits.
    On premise permit.
    Target
    Sportsman
    Unrestricted.
    Once you have a permit you still have to apply for an ammendment to your permit for every handgun you buy. Each must be added to your permit and this can take weeks. Meanwhile your handgun sits at the store.

I bought my g48 the day I put my permit in so it would be on my permit when I get approved.
    Some counties...like Dutchess....only issue unrestricted permits. My county which is right next to Dutchess has 4 different permits. They basically add the restrictions of target,Sportsman, ect instead of giving you just an unrestricted permit.
    Even with a permit you still cant carry in NYC.
    Also even though the Sheriff's Office recommended and approved an unrestricted permit for me it doesn't mean the judge will go by that!? I've committed no crime and yet a judge has to review my all ready approved application and then decides if I get the permit or have to appear in court....even though I did nothing wrong....other than apply for a permit!

Ridiculous laws here!

Danzig likes this.
  20. Glockfinger

Glockfinger Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Wow, that's beyond infringement :eek: ,aint no coming back even halfway from that nonsense . any further youll be back to carrying swords.

Greywood likes this.