NY full carry permit!

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Greywood, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

NYS
    In about 2-3 weeks at most I'll be applying for a full carry permit in NY. The process is ridiculous! I have to have 4 references sign 3 applications and then I must provide envelopes with the references address so they can be mailed a questionnaire to fill out and mail back! I also must have a picture of my safe bolted to a wall or the floor. Then I have to write a letter on why I want a full carry that goes to a Judge! I will also have to have a court date set and appear in front of the Judge and explain why I want a full carry permit. Somewhere in the process I have to go to the Sheriff's office and get fingerprinted...pretty standard....and have an interview with a Deputy.
    The amount of paperwork I must send in with my applications is massive....lol!
    Now I do have some people helping me out with the process so it should be pretty quick by NY standards, but I'm guessing a few months as opposed to 1yr....hopefully!
    I got the Chief of Police and a Lt as 2 of my references so I should be okay....I hope...lol

debbi26, Peepaw, PaPow and 3 others like this.
  2. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Because bolting your safe to the floor of your home, makes the gun you carry in public inherently less dangerous. Love me some politician logic.

Old Bloke, debbi26, Greywood and 6 others like this.

3. mike.brooksjr.7

mike.brooksjr.7 New Member

In Georgia it's a application, fingerprint sand background check. Took me about 3 weeks to get mine

4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    It’s sad all the hoops you have to jump through these politicians came up with.

When I lived in Jersey we had to do the references, fingerprints and wait just to get the Firearm Purchaser ID card. That was only good on long guns. You had to reapply for a pistol permit that let you buy a pistol. All the same paperwork and wait times. Plus it expired after about a month so you had to buy that pistol within the timeframe or you were out of luck. A carry license was unobtainable.

PaPow and Southlake like this.
  5. Danzig

Texas
    Texas, go to your gun store, provide ID, quick NICS check and your out the door.
    Carry license, took 30 days to get after mailing in the paperwork and taking class.

Steelie68, brandontxh, C25 and 2 others like this.
  6. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I’m always surprised when you tell people you’re from NJ.

PaPow and Danzig like this.
  7. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

That was WA state until July 1st this year. Now state is doing background. No more NICS courtesy checks.

Danzig and PaPow like this.
  8. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Active Member

Constitutional Carry in my state. Don’t know how long that will last and then I will have to get CCW. F**k those liberal states and their absurd gun laws.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    BuzzinSATX, Danzig and PaPow like this.
  9. PaPow

PaPow Well-Known Member Supporter

NunYah
    Surely not a slam towards you, but...
    When the demonrats take over, your state will be just like all the rest of the liberal states. Enjoy your freedom while you still can.

10. PaPow

NunYah
    Not sure what county you live in, but most county`s here in NY won`t let you use law enforcement as references (any county officials for that matter). I was told conflict of intrest is why we cant use LE (or county officials) for references in my county. You might want to talk to your county clerks at the court house on that. Make sure you`re in the clear, because that would suck having to start the process all over again and be delayed that much longer.

And GOOD LUCK, i hope you get it! Back when i got mine, 3 month wait, it was in my hand.

Danzig likes this.
  11. Danzig

Texas
    Constitutional Carry has been expanding across the USA like CCW had years before.
    As divided as the nation is currently I hope that the younger generations will look into the reasons for the divide and learn the beauty of our founding and lean towards freedom and liberty when choosing politicians in America’s future.

debbi26, Walter Sobchak and PaPow like this.
  12. PaPow

NunYah
    Oh dear lord my good friend, i hope you are so right about that, i really do. But i`m bettin the farm i`m never gonna live long enough to see that. God Bless you and your hope for this country!

Danzig, Walter Sobchak and jhg like this.
  13. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

But we are all going to campaign hard and vote right see to it that the Dems never take charge, right? It's really important this time.

Danzig, PaPow and Walter Sobchak like this.
  14. Walter Sobchak

No offense taken whatsoever, and I fear you are right. My state is already leaning more liberal thanks to all the liberal douchebags from California moving here. I will eventually move to the last conservative stronghold I can find and then the liberals will come for my firearms one day and I will gladly let them take it from my cold dead hand.

C25, Danzig and PaPow like this.
  15. Walter Sobchak

I will probably get my CCW before too long just so I have it in case something stupid changes here with the gun laws. We will see how it all plays out. We are living in some crazy times man. I am not going to preach to anyone and push my faith on anyone but IMHO it is time to get right with God or whatever higher power you believe in and get ready for what’s coming.

Danzig, PaPow and jhg like this.
  16. Walter Sobchak

The Dems have gone so far left it is unreal. I don’t know how anyone could support democrats at this point. Say what you want about President Trump, like him or hate him I don’t care but the Dems have completely gone off the rails.

nickndfl, debbi26, Danzig and 2 others like this.
  17. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Yes, but there are lots of them. Don't let your guard down.

Danzig and PaPow like this.
  18. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

It is my belief that that God is the higher power and "what is coming" can be adverted at least for a while. We just need to all get involved.

debbi26, Danzig and PaPow like this.
  19. PaPow

NunYah
    DAMN STRAIGHT BROTHER! TRUMP 2020!

debbi26, Peepaw and Danzig like this.
  20. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

NYS
    In my county they accept LEO's on the application. You are right though! Most counties do not accept Leo's as references.

PaPow likes this.