Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Heckler & Koch
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my pistol permit for about a year now and want to get my CCW. I meet all the requirements to get it but, I live in NY. NY is a "may issue" state. Which means I have to have a reason to carry. I do go to the range alot after work and have to travel all the way home to get my stuff. (about a half an hour home and half an hour back to the range.) So time and gas are a factor. But I'm not sure if that's a good enough reason for them. What do you guys think? Any advice?

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I don't think that would fly. What job do you work? Any crazy exes? Possible dangers in your line of work?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Self defense. What better reason is there? That's the first I have heard of a may issue state I feel bad for you bud I'm in pa and its very easy to obtain (as long as your not a felon convict etc.) good luck.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Iwrush said:
Self defense. What better reason is there? That's the first I have heard of a may issue state I feel bad for you bud I'm in pa and its very easy to obtain (as long as your not a felon convict etc.) good luck.
California and I believe Massachusetts is also

·
Happy Member :)
5,220 Posts
Not joking but I hear if you claim to be homosexual and fear that people don't like it is a good reason..but I'm not 100%

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
gladesbassin said:
Not joking but I hear if you claim to be homosexual and fear that people don't like it is a good reason..but I'm not 100%
I don't know if that would work in California there pretty open here.... Maybe in New York?

·
5,220 Posts
I live in South Florida and they are really open about stuff like that down here, especially in south beach. Luckily fl isn't a might issue state lol

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
gladesbassin said:
I live in South Florida and they are really open about stuff like that down here, especially in south beach. Luckily fl isn't a might issue state lol
I am from from Florida and now living in California.. You can imagine how different the gun laws are for me

·
5,220 Posts
Yea I'm sure, it's gotta suck out there ( for gun laws), it's just as hard to get your cc out there as ny right?

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
gladesbassin said:
Yea I'm sure, it's gotta suck out there ( for gun laws), it's just as hard to get your cc out there as ny right?
Yeah it's extremely...... Hard

·
5,220 Posts
 I'm sorry bro, it must suck to not be able to defend yourself (legally) especially in one of the states with the most gangs around. Not to mention alot of illegals who don't care about laws and life.

·
Heckler & Koch
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, I have to come up with something good. I don't think the gay thing will work and for the self defense thing, it's not a good reply here. (Which sucks) Being American should be enough as stated above. But being in NY, I guess that doesn't matter. Any other ideas?

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
Sorry to hear about those gang-bangers you stopped from taking an old lady's purse who got your license plate number and threatened you with .....?

·
5,220 Posts
Cracker7 said:
I do not. My boss is pretty cool though, what are you thinking?
You can say your a buisness owner and you feel uncomfortable taking Money drops to the bank late at night when the store/buisness closes. Just a thought

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
gladesbassin said:
You can say your a buisness owner and you feel uncomfortable taking Money drops to the bank late at night when the store/buisness closes. Just a thought
Most states need the proof of the bank deposit. I know CA is hard but I know NY is even harder originally being from NY myself. Good luck trying to get your ccw.

·
Heckler & Koch
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I'm going to need more than luck. Lol. I wish I could just think of something good.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Just tell them you need it incase theres another shooting in NY like this last one, we all know who shot who...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts