Nukins dream gun: EDM Arms: .408 XM Sniper Rifle

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by nukinfuts29, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Even without the camo, any fan of "Shooter" or any military guy will probably know this gun just from the title. Clocks in around $6k, so I'll never own one.

http://www.edmarms.com/products/m408.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

What is the shroud over the break in the second pick, looks too skinny to be a can?

3. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

That's nice! I want a Barrett .50, but in the 8-13k range, it's going to be a loooong time if ever!

4. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

That's a nice rifle. :eek: and yea that is a can.

5. Start putting in a crap load of over time, and she will be yours before you know it lol [​IMG].

Ooooo so do I, so do .

6. My daughter is due 3/1, wife wants a new car, list of other reasons lol. Someday.

7. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

We all have a bucket list of guns, and that is a nice one to have on the list

8. I bet if I told her it was to prepare for the zombies she would let me buy it. She loves to believe in the zombie apocalypse.

9. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Or just do like I do. I have a three-year-old, he has bought me a new gun for Fathers day every year so far, he is such a good kid. :)

10. Here's a question I never thought to ask, is it legal to own one of these?

11. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Most states, yes. It is less than a 50 cal and a bolt gun, should be good almost everywhere but Cali and a few like them. In fact, in a lot of states you can even have a 50 BMG version if you want.

12. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

For the price, Armalite makes a good single shot 50. The only major difference between it, the Bushmaster, and Barrett, is a mag. MOA and recoil is comparable between the bolt gun versions.

13. I'm not sure I want a magazine. I'm huge on single shot bolt action. I feel like no matter what the target is, that if I only have one shot I love that feeling of making it count.

14. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

At $3 a round if you order a case at a time, or $5 a round if you purchase a box at a time, I have to agree. Plus, $1,500- $2000 more just to have a mag when this one matches the MOA and recoil? When I purchase my 50, it will be a single shot.

15. Yea I had not even thought about factoring cost of ammo into the equation. I'll be buying a few cases if I can ever afford the rifle, simply because I like to have the ability to throw down lol. I would absolutely learn how to reload with that rifle.

16. Between me and the old lady in tax returns......$11.5K!!!

I brought this up and it got shot down like an air to ground attack.

Though I think asking for a 6k gun may have set me up for that $2500 Armalite hehe

17. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Wives are like dealing with the government, their rationality makes no since and asked for twice what you need hoping you get what you need. So 6 grand, hope to get 2.5, that should work. We are getting 8 grand back so I may be joining ya.