Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this might open a can of worms, but I'm curious if anyone knows of or may have any insight.
We've all seen the media covering the shooting in Florida and the support they've received w/o an arrest or the facts out yet.
My question/concern is why aren't we as supporters of carrying-conceal carry have anyone out there to be our voice? Seems to me this would be a great time for NRA or other organization to step up and render their services to support the 2nd and not let someone out there be lynched before the facts are even out....

Just my opinion, for all I know there's already someone looking at or talking to Zimmerman ...

I'm neither for or against , until the facts are completely out there.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
The NRA is very involved in multiple issues right now, including the one you are talking about and the fight going on in IL.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The facts are starting to present them selves and people are finally seeig what really happened, they dont' need to get in volved, nor should they, if they did, they would be looked at in the same light as that Sharpton troll.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right they don't need the circus, it's good to know theyll have your back though. Atleast for the parties involved. Thanx again

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I think the NRA would wait to see if he acted in self dense or not. They don't want to support something they no nothing of either.

I think if in trial they find that he acted in self defense you will see the NRA step up. They can't just go around supporting all gun related incidents with out knowing if it is justified or not that would work against there cause.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
NRA fights in the courtroom and in Washington for our guns rights. I guarantee you that if they didn't exist and provide their support we may have already had all of our gun rights taken away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's really what I was looking for, I'm new to gun ownership and ccw, and it's been a a helluva experience learning on here and appreciate yalls opinions....

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
I think (and this is only my opinion) that the NRA is silently watching from the sidelines for more facts to come to light in this case. There are currently too many unknowns, and not enough substantiated facts to make a determination. The NRA would never get involved if it turns out that Zimmerman acted improperly, and it is that one crucial question that we do not yet know the answer to.

The NRA can get involved in clean-cut cases where there is no question of wrongdoing, and the fact is, we simply do not know all the facts of the case. Perhaps eventually, but for now, it is all media spin and the talking heads on TV not knowing, really, what they are talking about, and muddling up the waters.

My opinion.

My views and opinions may not necessarily reflect those of Glock Forum, its management, its owners and affiliates.

·
Banned
27 Posts
the "facts" do not matter to our anti gun media

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lifetime member and will be going to the annual convention here in St Louis next week. Many years ago, I thought they were a bit over the top sometimes. Now, not so much.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Doing it the right way.

I'm a member, and will always be. As others have said, they are doing it the right way, and letting "facts" present themselves, and not crazy rhetoric, and hearsay. I totally agree with what jimmyalbrecht said above, "I guarantee you that if they didn't exist and provide their support we may have already had all of our gun rights taken away."

Jim

·
24 Posts
NRA in FLA.

The facts are starting to present them selves and people are finally seeig what really happened, they dont' need to get in volved, nor should they, if they did, they would be looked at in the same light as that Sharpton troll.

Wise answer EvilD. I agree completely. I hope the ACLJ watches this as well. They are mainly involved in Constitutional arguments at the Supereme Court. But I believe there are enough people observing this situation that will come to Mr. Zimmerman's aid if needed. The man has been arrested or indicted yet. And, the Fed's can't do anything or they would have already done so. imho. I hope the truth (which used to be blind) comes out soon.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Lifetime member and will be going to the annual convention here in St Louis next week. Many years ago, I thought they were a bit over the top sometimes. Now, not so much.
I know they've done a lot and I appreciate all that they've done over the years.

I think that the NRA has, increasingly, moved away from what the membership wants and has become a monstrosity that cares only about feeding itself and marking its territory.

I think Wayne LaPierre is a nutjob who is just as extreme, though certainly on the opposite end, as anyone at the top of the Democratic party or at the Brady Campaign. Having him as the organization's mouthpiece is one of the worst decisions they've ever made.

He is certainly zealous in presenting the views of the NRA, but is so overzealous that anyone who is more centrist/moderate rather than hard core (as in those who think the 2nd Amendment should have NO restrictions, including criminals and those who have mental health issues), cannot identify with him.

With the division that currently exists in this country, while one may think that having someone as zealous as LaPierre is the only way to present the organization, I would submit that the only people he is going to convince of an appropriate view of the 2nd Amendment are those who are already convinced. The same is true of most of the issues in Washington.

We need people who can convince the other side or at least some of them, to come over our way.

The way it looks, from where I sit, is we have the Brady people on one end, the NRA on the other, and this big grey area that's full of people who think both of those organizations, or at least the people working for them, are absolutely freaking insane.

I'm currently a NRA member, along with some other organizations, but when my membership expires this time, I won't be renewing with the NRA. Not unless they come back from the edge a bit. GOA, USCCA and others fit me better than the NRA does these days.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello, DERiffe, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you could post a *Hi There* in the Introductions section, other Members will be able to welcome you properly as well.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
If and when Zimmerman ever goes to trial, how can anyone in their right mind believe it'll be a fair trial?

When even the President of the United States opens his yap, how are you ever going to get a jury that isn't prejudiced?

As the world watches...

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
What needs to be fair about it? He stalked an innocent teenager, ignored the directions of the 911 operator, and killed an unarmed kid who went to the store for some snacks.

Take him out back and save us all some tax money.

·
Banned
131 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
What needs to be fair about it? He stalked an innocent teenager, ignored the directions of the 911 operator, and killed an unarmed kid who went to the store for some snacks.

Take him out back and save us all some tax money.
+1 this guy gives us gun owners a bad name. Skip the trial. Jury is in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
However, it serves as a reminder that all of us with firearms and CCW are held to a higher standard and are expected to act in such a manner. We CCW to protect ourselves and our families. In his situation, he should have walked away.

Just my opinion.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I agree with "mattcvt". I also don't think the NRA has any more business weighing in on this matter than President Obama did. As a CCDW Instructor I will never tell my students they should chase people down. "Imminent danger" was not there. Chasing off after someone in the dark is a job for an LEO. They are trained, equipped, and paid to handle situations like these. It's impossible for me to get behind someone who leaves the relative safety of their vehicle against the instruction of LE to go look for "imminent danger". My opinion and the opinion of KY CCDW Instructors I have talked to only.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts