Not a Glock Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shooter, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I love the style though.

I'm still looking for a Glock to fill my need, still at a loss as to what I should get though.

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

.40 Cal is my preference!

3. ODG34

ODG34 New Member

What are your needs? I'm sure we could give you some advice.

4. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Home defense, something that can be controlled well by my wife as well.

She's actually pretty small and I worry that recoil, despite training, could still be an issue.

5. peters923

peters923 New Member

NM
    I'm partial to my 21 for HD. I carry a 23 with a lasermax. Both exceeded my expectations. However it really comes down to personal preference. 9, 40, 45 etc...

6. EvilD

EvilD New Member

you should get either a 9, 10, 40 or 45, maybe a 357 sig or 45 gap

7. rock4glock

rock4glock New Member

One of the best things to do is go to a range that has several guns available for use and try them all. Try them for fit and for kick. I am a female and have a 40 caliber. I love it! However I am of average size, not petite or short.

8. ODG34

ODG34 New Member

If she has really small hands then I would go with a Gen 4 in 9mm. In anything but the G26 the recoil from a 9mm is pretty mild. Also you can use G19 magazines in a G26, just add a Pro Mag grip spacer and you have a full grip on a G26 frame, the recoil is more noticeable than in a full sized gun but it's not that bad. That said, if your looking for a home defense gun, why not a shotgun? If your wife can't handle a 12 ga., a 20 ga. or a .410 will still fill the role better than any handgun.

9. Glock to Get

Most of the clients that roll through Cerberus Arms request the 40 cal Glock. Most of the time the 27. I carry the 27 with all the extentions or upgrades. The females are also buying this model as well with the mag extention and other extentions available. We also see both the husband and wifes coming in and buying both the same model and upgrades so they are both familar with what they are both carrying buy the same type of ammo.

Thanks
    Mark Hernandez
    Owner

10. VCMike

VCMike New Member

CA
    I agree 40cal is a good choice you can always buy a 9mm barrel if the recoil becomes too much.

11. LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF New Member

Well if your on this forum you must somewhat be familiar with calibers and performance of each go to glock.com look at there models go into some gun stores see how they fit in your hands then you will decide.

12. TinMansGLOCK40

TinMansGLOCK40 New Member

Texas
    G27 Sub compact , great choice :D