Glock Forum banner

Noob to the forums.

3K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  TampaBaySean 
#1 ·
Hello to all fellow Glock and firearms enthusiasts.i signed up a while ago, but mainly just been looking through all of the forums. I'm liking what I see so far. I currently reside in NC but am originally from Rhode Island. I am also currently enlisted in the Marine Corps since 2004 and am about ready to hang it up. Have owned multiple handguns, but I have to say, so far, I find the Glocks to be the all around best handguns made. I realize there are some people out there who would argue otherwise, which is why I state "all around". I'm a firm believer in purpose built firearms and some firearms being better in certain areas, but for ease of use, maintaining and functionality, I think the Glock is the best. I currently own 3 different Glocks. The 22, 23, and 27. If you couldn't tell, I'm a big fan of the .40 cal. I've rambled on long enough. Looking forward to chatting with y'all and debating topics.

#4 ·
Thanks for the welcome y'all. Vanessa, we're all noobs at some point in our life. Not being a noob anymore gives us a goal. Rickjames, awesome name. What did you use to paint the writing on your Glock in the photo? Haven't really done much to modify mine yet, but am always up for a project.

#5 ·
Hey There, Welcome IRGrunt, Glad to have you aboard. You at Lejune?

#10 ·
Yes I am stationed there. Have been for my entire time in and I have to say, other than some other Marines, it's not a bad place when compared to home.
I was there in the mid 70's. Courthouse Bay, Engineers, Mine Warfare & Demolitions. I liked it a lot. except for the noseeums. Hate sand fleas, & chiggers.

Anyway, glad your okay & stateside, enjoy the Forum.

#14 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Man, getting more responses than I anticipated.... Surprisingly, Rodenbush does sound familiar. Courthouse Bay is a nice area. Kinda have their own area to themselves. Although they've built that up quite a bit. Thank you for your service Devil, left a legacy that's hard to live up to.

#19 ·
IRGrunt, welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. My brother-in-law is Stationed in Lejune as well. Jacksonville is a great town, lots to do and see. Take care, enjoy the forum, and Semper Fi!

#20 ·
Welcome to the forum IRGRUNT!! Thanks for your service! Enjoy!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.