Glock Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a noob to handguns and i wanna upgrade the Glock 20 I bought but not sure where to start, I'm gonna send the barrel and slide to be polished but as far as shooting performance what are the best upgrades besides shooting more lol, like trigger kits how much are they and what's best and so forth and help would be awesome.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sights I like:
Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights about $82
Advantage Tactical Sights about $80

Vickers Extended Slide and Magazine Releases is great. $14 each

You can also Paint your slide letters.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Id start by getting all the extended controls (slide n mag release, take down lever) and some night sights...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not if he has a Gen4
So the Vickers Extended Magazine Releases will not work with Gen4.
Good To Know!
Does the Vickers Extended Slide Releases work with Gen4??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, what about a recoil spring will that do much for me?

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
mn_slow said:
Thanks guys, what about a recoil spring will that do much for me?
I have heard great things about changing to a stainless RSA (recoil spring assembly) instead of the stock RSA... I have never experienced it myself but I have had reliable reports from friends that I trust who praise it... Give it a try :)

Also another upgrade would be the extended slide lock, extended slide release, and possibly a longer after market barrel (especially if you plan on hunting with it cause the 10mm is quite popular for that - Ted Nugent carries one lol)... You can find the slide lock and slide release in polished or chrome and also the pins on the frame can be found in chrome :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have heard great things about changing to a stainless RSA (recoil spring assembly) instead of the stock RSA... I have never experienced it myself but I have had reliable reports from friends that I trust who praise it... Give it a try :)

Also another upgrade would be the extended slide lock, extended slide release, and possibly a longer after market barrel (especially if you plan on hunting with it cause the 10mm is quite popular for that - Ted Nugent carries one lol)... You can find the slide lock and slide release in polished or chrome and also the pins on the frame can be found in chrome :)
Oh man this is gonna be to much fun!!

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
Check out http://www.rockyourglock.com and even if you don't buy anything you can see what is out there to buy. Extended slide release is really nice same with the magazine extention. You can work on the trigger and guide rod. Good luck and have fun!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Glocks are not the most pretty things but they are not downright ugly that you have to shoot it with a paper bag on your hand. Think of it as the average girl that when you walk by you think that she is cute, but what you don't know is that she'd break your bed in half and still be ready for more.
Love Your Signature Quote!!

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
series11 said:
Thanks!!! I laugh every time I see it :D
Me too, I remember the day you wrote it, I literally LOL and completely agreed with it too :)

I just can't remember which thread it was so I can find it again, was a good thread too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts