Glock Firearms banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Just throwing this out for those who are wanting a way to receive credit card payments without terminal fees.

There is a gizmo called The Square, it is a magnetic card reader that plugs into the headphone/mic jack of a cellphone (standard sized headphone jack only), and the software with it allows the owner to receive credit card payments for a small fee (2.75% of the transacted amount) and is linked to the owner's bank account. The payment shows up in 24 hours. Receipts (including an image of the signature as well as an optional cellphone pic of the item sold/transacted) can be automatically emailed to the buyer, and is automatically emailed to the seller. The card number can also be entered manually from the keypad. I have 2 of these, very very handy.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just throwing this out for those who are wanting a way to receive credit card payments without terminal fees.

There is a gizmo called The Square, it is a magnetic card reader that plugs into the headphone/mic jack of a cellphone (standard sized headphone jack only), and the software with it allows the owner to receive credit card payments for a small fee (2.75% of the transacted amount) and is linked to the owner's bank account. The payment shows up in 24 hours. Receipts (including an image of the signature as well as an optional cellphone pic of the item sold/transacted) can be automatically emailed to the buyer, and is automatically emailed to the seller. The card number can also be entered manually from the keypad. I have 2 of these, very very handy.
DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, but I believe I heard that Square allows Face to Face firearms transactions…

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Not going public with to many details but we almost got fined $2500 per violation on something a while back. According to them we had over 20 violations. We got out of it.

That is all.

Makes you wonder how places like Botach that use paypal get away with it.
when i put certian stuff in my cart at botech the paypal option goes away

·
28 Posts
GunBroker doesn't use Pay Pal to my knowledge. But they have several other options.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
GunBroker doesn't use Pay Pal to my knowledge. But they have several other options.
correct, they do not use it directly, but several users on gb do give paypal as an option

21 - 28 of 28 Posts