Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Colt Python on Thursday and it arrived at my LGS on Tuesday. Apparently the State of CT had their system down for overhaul for the previous 6 days. It reopened on Tuesday, so now, all the purchases from those 6 days are needing to be transferred to owners. Starting Tuesday, LGS has been using three phones, calling continuously for three full days and hasn’t gotten through even once!! This is crazy bullsh*t. Probably won’t get new gun until next week. I at least got to hold the gun when I filled out the paperwork, it is quite awesome and can’t wait to shoot it. It’s heavier then I expected, but should soak up the recoil. Now I can empathize with the people who have a waiting period for each purchase.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems up north, but congrats on the Colt. I've always thought the "snake" guns were beautiful functional art. I've got plenty of revolvers, but not one of them is a Colt. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, when the problems are over! Is it the 6" barrel? That will be nice to shoot

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the fourth day my LGS has been trying to get ahold of the State of CT to transfer firearms. They’ve called an average of 1000 calls a day and have zero results. I understand some entity is filing some kind of class action lawsuit, we will see. Hundreds, if not thousands of people are in limbo, waiting on guns that have been paid for, sitting in gun stores across the entire state. The state has said nothing about this problem.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,863 Posts
This is the fourth day my LGS has been trying to get ahold of the State of CT to transfer firearms. They’ve called an average of 1000 calls a day and have zero results. I understand some entity is filing some kind of class action lawsuit, we will see. Hundreds, if not thousands of people are in limbo, waiting on guns that have been paid for, sitting in gun stores across the entire state. The state has said nothing about this problem.
Sounds like an ideal 2A violation lawsuit.
A right delayed is a right denied!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why I moved out of there in 2013. Other than Cali probably the worst place to live if you’re a gun person. When I arrived in FL I immediately purchased two AR’s the same day just because. Anyways I feel your woes OP. I recall that system going down or being super slow when I was there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Come on down we would like good people to move here.were the space coast.Our Sheriff has one rule though,he says everyone should carry. It did make national news when he said that about four years ago.and Always look twice while driving we have a lot of motorcycles here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts