No difference with new trigger?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by photogmack, Apr 18, 2012.

1. photogmack

photogmack New Member

Hey forum folks!

I recently ordered and replaced my G30's trigger connector with the 3.5lb GHOST connector, but didn't notice a difference in trigger pull or break. My buddy's G19 has the same set up, but is much lighter and even draw than mine. Is this just because mine is a .45? I compared the old and new, and they definitely have different angles at the end. Do you think I should go through and polish all the contact points?

Thanks in advance!

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

You could try putting a small drop of oil into the interface between the connector and trigger bar.

The G19 might have other modifications to it, such as a heaver trigger spring and/or a lighter firing pin spring with lighter firing pin. I wouldn't change the trigger spring or the firing pin spring.

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Photogmack, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Noticed you've been with us since January, but we seem to not have your Introduction. Please post a *Hi There* intro in the Introductions Section, so other Members can have a chance to welcome you properly to the family.

Thank you.

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

You can do that. Or...you can send it to me and I'll make it smooth like buttah.

5. photogmack

photogmack New Member

That's the thing though, I did add the oil. My buddy's G19 only has the connector installed. He bought it new and that's the only thing he did, besides night sights.

6. photogmack

photogmack New Member

Wilco thanks!!

7. photogmack

photogmack New Member

Haha I'm sure you could! I prefer to work on my own Glock though!

8. Dude get a Wolff spring kit on Gunbroker and put them all on my trigger pull is butter not spongy like it was with the factory springs and Ghost connector now I have a Ghost Ultimate connector too with all three Wolff springs no probs at all with 350 rounds on it so far it's proven for me! But I like a light trigger. [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTzOaOODHI[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  9. photogmack

photogmack New Member

I don't mind light trigger pull, but for my EDC, the spring kits are a little too light.

*UPDATE* I actually did go the range, and the difference was huge! 15 yards, and I was punching 3-4" groups. This, for me, is a huge improvement.

10. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Changing just the connector does't make a huge difference, but they are a little crisper.

11. This is because you only did the connector. You need a 6# wolf spring also.

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Moved to the correct sub forum: Gunsmithing