Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Member1
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...learned something today...

So back in 2010 i received a DUI after work on a friday after having a few celebration beers with office mates. It was the worst day and best day of my life...worst for the fact that it was embarrassing, expensive, and shameful...best that it really opened my eyes and i NEVER drink n drive anymore. I feel so much smarter, safer, and responsible for those around me. Just a better person. I hope no one here has a few and drives.

Anyways...thats the past and lessons learned...but I've been in the process to get my ccw. In VA, you have to wait 3 years after getting a misdemeanor charge like a DUI.

I guess i am not disagreeing with the law, but figured if I could buy guns legally, then I should be able to protect myself and those around me legally. If i were some drunk who would shoot up the community, i wouldn't need a ccw for that.

Anyways, just disappointed today...especially after buying a kingtuk and paying for the ccw class.

By the way, i know what you are thinking...if I'm stupid enough to get behind the wheel after having a few drinks, then I'm stupid enough to drink while carrying...right?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Not thinking that. Thinking you have a year or thereabouts to wait, which will probably pass pretty quickly. In the meantime, get in some range time & practice up so you'll be at the top of your game a year from now.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
BabaaBooey said:
Hey guys...learned something today...

So back in 2010 i received a DUI after work on a friday after having a few celebration beers with office mates. It was the worst day and best day of my life...worst for the fact that it was embarrassing, expensive, and shameful...best that it really opened my eyes and i NEVER drink n drive anymore. I feel so much smarter, safer, and responsible for those around me. Just a better person. I hope no one here has a few and drives.

Anyways...thats the past and lessons learned...but I've been in the process to get my ccw. In VA, you have to wait 3 years after getting a misdemeanor charge like a DUI.

I guess i am not disagreeing with the law, but figured if I could buy guns legally, then I should be able to protect myself and those around me legally. If i were some drunk who would shoot up the community, i wouldn't need a ccw for that.

Anyways, just disappointed today...especially after buying a kingtuk and paying for the ccw class.

By the way, i know what you are thinking...if I'm stupid enough to get behind the wheel after having a few drinks, then I'm stupid enough to drink while carrying...right?
Ya my cousin was in the same boat last year when he went to get his ccw in nv... Luckily he waited a year got everything taken care of and now he can carry to protect himself and his family

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Happy I heard you do some pistol and rifle classes can you pm me some info on em???

·
Happy Member :)
5,220 Posts
That's disappointing but atleast you learned something from it and will still be able to get your ccw in the future, I had something similar but mine was pot...got pulled over and had It on me, long story short I hired a lawyer and it got put in the books as adjudification withheld and I was still eligible but it did open my eyes to certain things and also had to do more to get my ccw.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
I have a soon to be in-law with a DUI on his record. He lives with my sister at the moment and it's one of the main reasons I'am extremely hesitant about giving my sister two pistols that I no longer have use for her 21st. She wanted to buy him a CCW class for FL and I explained it to her that a DUI might prevent him from obtaining one.

·
Happy Member :)
5,220 Posts
GlockIt said:
I have a soon to be in-law with a DUI on his record. He lives with my sister at the moment and it's one of the main reasons I'am extremely hesitant about giving my sister two pistols that I no longer have use for her 21st. She wanted to buy him a CCW class for FL and I explained it to her that a DUI might prevent him from obtaining one.
If he goes on the department of agriculture site and go to the concealed weapons section he can do an eligibility test to see, but from what I'm reading he has to wait three years unless he has multiple DUI's within the past five year with the most recent being in the last year.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
gladesbassin said:
If he goes on the department of agriculture site and go to the concealed weapons section he can do an eligibility test to see, but from what I'm reading he has to wait three years unless he has multiple DUI's within the past five year with the most recent being in the last year.
Thanks, checked out the website and thats how I read it also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
BabaaBooey said:
Thats because I think I DO live near you...hah. Great forum, eh? So likely to get great answers/feedback and opinions from people.
Lol yup...I like the forum. I've gotten a lot of good tips on here so far

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Back when I was 14 I had a dwi which put a firearm restriction on my record. I had that restriction lifted by writing a judge and applied for a ccw a month later, everthing was good.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
Gun restriction as a juvenile? You must've been real Gangsta!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts