Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
IMO you would be ok with the NS until you fire your first shot. Using NS means you use them in low to no light situations. With a compensated gun, the muzzle flash will shoot straight up and mess up your night vision. After the first shot you may not even be able to see the sights any more. Weather they are NS or not. That is why I don't like compensated guns for my EDC. They are great for computation and day light because of fast follow-up shots. Just my way of thinking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks deuce,

I thought about that and shot the thing in the dark, the muzzle flash didn't effect my night vision much more than an non-compensated gun. My main concern is that maybe the muzzle flash might destroy the nite sites somehow.

·
10,292 Posts
I dont own one but the ports are back a bit, right? It might get some GSR om the sight but I dont think it will hurt it. but I might be wrong.

·
10,292 Posts
You could be right.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I had a G23C Gen 3 with XS Nigh Sights (smaller than the Big Dot) on them.

Put 300 rounds through it without getting any fouling on the sights. I sold it after 300 rounds because the Gen3 backstrap was messing up my hand. So I can't tell you anything about carbon build up AFTER 300 rounds.

I did not notice the flash coming up through the barrel whenever I fired. I guess since I was looking past the frontsight, i never really noticed a flash. But that's just me.

HTH
D

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I have a G32c and I love it. I just wonder if anyone has put NS on a compensated glock and if there was any problems with the muzzle flash and the sites?
While you're going to hear "muzzle flash" and night vision issues with the comp. gun I believe the ammo selection is going to be a big factor in this situation.

Hot personal defense ammo can develope so much muzzle flash that even non-comp. guns can blind you at night. For some reason, people don't think about that when they design their carry outfit for night time use.

It is sometimes hard to find places to shoot at with low light levels but it is a must if you are going to go armed at night and want confidence with your carry gun.

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
While you're going to hear "muzzle flash" and night vision issues with the comp. gun I believe the ammo selection is going to be a big factor in this situation.

Hot personal defense ammo can develope so much muzzle flash that even non-comp. guns can blind you at night. For some reason, people don't think about that when they design their carry outfit for night time use.

It is sometimes hard to find places to shoot at with low light levels but it is a must if you are going to go armed at night and want confidence with your carry gun.
sounds legit :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Personally I love the night sights on my 22C. Doing low light/no light shooting with 165gr. Fedeal Hydra-Shok ammo wasn't a problem for me, as opposed to shooting the same ammo in a non-C 22 with the same ammo. The 45* ports put the flash far enough out to the side of your vision where it doesn't blind you if your looking at the front sight and you get less flash out of the end of the muzzle so that won't get in the way either. Everybody is different though so your results may very but I love mine. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
evsco98 said:
I have a G32c and I love it. I just wonder if anyone has put NS on a compensated glock and if there was any problems with the muzzle flash and the sites?
I will tell you that I have had lots of personal experience with shooting both a 19C and 17C at night. I am a member of a group that shoots "practical" type shooting. We have periodically held night matches. I have "Trijicon" night sights on both. The muzzle blast that exits out the ports DOES NOT cause any interference with seeing the sights while "running and gunning." In fact, the blast seems to highlight the front sight. Furthermore, I have experienced no issues with "night blindness" that may be caused by the blast exiting from the ports. I have fired my defensive loads through both with NO ADVERSE EFFECTS on my ability to see at night. My carry load is the Winchester Ranger 127 grain +P+, T-series round. The front sights also show no unusual signs of being dirtied by the port exhaust. I seem to remember finishing second at our last night pistol match. The ONLY precaution that one should take is to remember the ports when practicing extreme close quarter shooting. We practice a scenario in which the first shots are taken on the first target at less than an arm's length distance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts