Night sights

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by thinkricky, May 20, 2012.

1. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

Has anyone installed a night sight just on the front? If I did it will it be acurate using an Ameriglo Night sight in the front and the OEM Glock in the rear? Just wondering. Thanks

2. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

I thought of that before. Curious as to what people say. I was going to do it because I had a chance to buy a front for my glock from some guy for like 10 bucks but passed. I guess it's better than no night sight in the dark.

3. thinkricky

Anyone try it? My other question is how accurate if I do that.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  4. Tape

Tape New Member

I have been in a gunfight and I don't recall ever using sights, in that situation I aimed and shot, I really do not think you have time to sight in a target unless you are behind a dumpster or similiar and if you do try to sight in a target you are dead. I do have hi-vis on all my glocks but do not think nite-sites are necessary, imo

5. thinkricky

Ok well. I went ahead and picked up a Trijicon Night sight set. Haven't used it yet. But I'm happy with them.

6. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Trijicons are the best. Second would be TFO's in my opinion.

7. MississippiGlock

MississippiGlock New Member

I concur. When bullets are flying back at you the last thing your doing is trying to perfectly align your sights regardless of light conditions.

That being said I have a set of meprolight night sights on my 26 that were given to me that run just fine. By I am investing in some truglo tfo sights for my 29 to check out the hype.