Night sights or laser, that is the question?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by TheKraken, Mar 12, 2012.

1. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I everyone,
    I have a question. I have a g36 for my EDC and was wondering which is better, night sights or laser sights. Or hell, maybe even both. Just looking for some insight before I start looking around. Looking forward to hearing what y'all have to say.

2. Matthias312

Matthias312 New Member

Get a set of Trijicon Night Sights...less maintenance and cheaper. The will do the job. I had a Crimson Trace for an XD, and I thought it was cool initially, but tried to use it to aim...not its purpose...it's for quick acquisition..want illumination of a a target...get a Glock Tac. Light on the rail. That combined with the Trijicon Night Sights is a great combo and it will cost less for both than a laser sight....my $0.02

3. TheKraken

Thanks so much Mattihias312. That makes a lot of senses

4. leb686

leb686 New Member

Does g36 have a rail to put a tac light on? Also, I think the glock tac light would be like the same size as a g36, not the best combo for carry.

5. TheKraken

The g36 does not have a rail on it. I'm not so interested in a light, just was wondering which would be best for my g36 between the night sights and the laser sights.
    Any thoughts?

6. This is a decent summary of "low light tools"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ynmOFCAGlQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

7. TheKraken

8. I use to have a gun with a laser, I found myself not even aiming... I put all trust on the laser.

I didn't like relying on something that could fail or run out of battery so I got rid of it.

9. Just my 2 cents:
    For you, that may work. But part of maintaining a firearm is to make sure it's always ready to use, safely and dependably. That included checking batteries on lasers. I will acknowledge that laser diodes may fail, but ammo/gun can misfire too.

There are people who are visually impaired, and lasers may offer them the edge they need to quickly see where the bullet will go. This offers them a fighting chance to defend themselves, where iron sights alone may not.