Glock Forum banner

Night sights for g27

4K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  leb686 
#1 ·
I am in the market for a set of night sites for my glock. After research I feel that there are 2 different sights that look as if they would work well for me. Trijicon HD, truglo TFO. I would be using them for range time and personal defense/carry. Unfortunately I don't have any friends or family thAt use these sights to try out before I buy. I have heard good and bad about both sights. I was hoping for some feed back or advise about which sites would be better for my intended use. Thank you in advance.

#5 ·
Ok I am contemplating trijicon for $80 installed at the local shop but the ameriglo I see on cheaper than dirt and other places are 70 with the trijicon tritium inserts but are they older so won't have the same life? Just a thought... But I hear rather than paint its white plastic around the tritium insert on the ameriglos so it won't fade. Any thoughts?

#6 ·
bfish said:
Ok I am contemplating trijicon for $80 installed at the local shop but the ameriglo I see on cheaper than dirt and other places are 70 with the trijicon tritium inserts but are they older so won't have the same life? Just a thought... But I hear rather than paint its white plastic around the tritium insert on the ameriglos so it won't fade. Any thoughts?
Not sure what your getting at. Ameriglo uses new trijicon tritium inserts. I can assure you mine are bright in the dark.

Attachments

#11 ·
I just bought some Truglo TFOs and those things are bright. I had a scary experience the night before I bought them and realized I could not aim for crap at dark and I stopped procrastinating. The thing I like about the TFOs is that it is fiber optic/ tritium so during the day time, the sun shines into the fiber optic portion making them glow bright green even during the day. I could acquire a sight picture much faster than the stock sights at day and night. I absolutely love them.

#16 ·
leb686 said:
Just ordered these any thoughts?

Gadget Audio equipment Wood Rectangle Communication Device

Brown Wood Rectangle Office equipment Wall

Rectangle Gas Tints and shades Astronomical object Electric blue

Just had mine installed today on my G27 Gen 4

Attachments

#24 ·
Thinking about the tru glow for my 20sf though as it is used for my backwoods carry...any other recommendations for this outdoors pistol?
XS Big Dots are great for self-defense but anything past 10 yards, they start getting sketchy. Tru Glo TFOs glow in the daylight or at night. I absolutely love mine. They are better for pinpoint accuracy as well.

#25 ·
Glockmaster said:
That's what I have on all of my Glocks & I love them. Mine are all green.
I hot the all green too. Can't wait to try them out at the range on Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.