Night sights for g27

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Steveroc3, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Steveroc3

Steveroc3 New Member

I am in the market for a set of night sites for my glock. After research I feel that there are 2 different sights that look as if they would work well for me. Trijicon HD, truglo TFO. I would be using them for range time and personal defense/carry. Unfortunately I don't have any friends or family thAt use these sights to try out before I buy. I have heard good and bad about both sights. I was hoping for some feed back or advise about which sites would be better for my intended use. Thank you in advance.

2. bfish

bfish Member

What's the price on those?

3. Steveroc3

Steveroc3 New Member

Truglo are about 80-100 and the trijicon are about 125-150

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

If your entertaining the thought of the HDs you should check out Ameriglo which also use trijicon inserts and are cheaper.

Attached Files:

5. bfish

bfish Member

Ok I am contemplating trijicon for $80 installed at the local shop but the ameriglo I see on cheaper than dirt and other places are 70 with the trijicon tritium inserts but are they older so won't have the same life? Just a thought... But I hear rather than paint its white plastic around the tritium insert on the ameriglos so it won't fade. Any thoughts?

6. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Not sure what your getting at. Ameriglo uses new trijicon tritium inserts. I can assure you mine are bright in the dark.

Attached Files:

7. bfish

bfish Member

No not the tridium I realize those are the same. The color around them in your pictures are plastic not paint if I understand correctly but the trijicon sights are paint around the inserts and the paint fades over a year or two unlike the plastic

8. bfish

bfish Member

I got trijicon today they are pretty nice I'm happy with them just worried about paint fade that's about all

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

After extensive shooting just put a little alcohol on the tip of a q-tip and swirl it around the circle.

10. bfish

bfish Member

So paint doesn't fade it just gets dirty and you're saying clean them?

11. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I just bought some Truglo TFOs and those things are bright. I had a scary experience the night before I bought them and realized I could not aim for crap at dark and I stopped procrastinating. The thing I like about the TFOs is that it is fiber optic/ tritium so during the day time, the sun shines into the fiber optic portion making them glow bright green even during the day. I could acquire a sight picture much faster than the stock sights at day and night. I absolutely love them.

12. leb686

leb686 New Member

Just ordered these any thoughts?

Attached Files:

13. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

You can't go wrong w/ trijicon ;)

14. bfish

bfish Member

Ya that's exactly what I just got... What did they cost you?

15. leb686

leb686 New Member

$85.85 to be exact including shipping

16. sstock38

sstock38 Premium Member

image-726515985.jpg

image-1455131521.jpg

image-2033817520.jpg

Just had mine installed today on my G27 Gen 4

17. Miay0187

Miay0187 New Member

I love my TruGlo TFO sights... Bright during the daylight and radiant at night

18. bfish

bfish Member

Ya the guy at the gun shop where I got my trijicons had those truglos... I got home though and my back sight isn't exactly centered so I'm going to have to fix that

19. leb686

leb686 New Member

Looks solid, can't wait to get mine

20. wayycull

wayycull New Member

Just put xs big dot sights on my 19. Really quick target acquisition. Will be putting them on my 26 and 27 next.