Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a set of night sites for my glock. After research I feel that there are 2 different sights that look as if they would work well for me. Trijicon HD, truglo TFO. I would be using them for range time and personal defense/carry. Unfortunately I don't have any friends or family thAt use these sights to try out before I buy. I have heard good and bad about both sights. I was hoping for some feed back or advise about which sites would be better for my intended use. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ok I am contemplating trijicon for $80 installed at the local shop but the ameriglo I see on cheaper than dirt and other places are 70 with the trijicon tritium inserts but are they older so won't have the same life? Just a thought... But I hear rather than paint its white plastic around the tritium insert on the ameriglos so it won't fade. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
bfish said:
Ok I am contemplating trijicon for $80 installed at the local shop but the ameriglo I see on cheaper than dirt and other places are 70 with the trijicon tritium inserts but are they older so won't have the same life? Just a thought... But I hear rather than paint its white plastic around the tritium insert on the ameriglos so it won't fade. Any thoughts?
Not sure what your getting at. Ameriglo uses new trijicon tritium inserts. I can assure you mine are bright in the dark.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
No not the tridium I realize those are the same. The color around them in your pictures are plastic not paint if I understand correctly but the trijicon sights are paint around the inserts and the paint fades over a year or two unlike the plastic

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I just bought some Truglo TFOs and those things are bright. I had a scary experience the night before I bought them and realized I could not aim for crap at dark and I stopped procrastinating. The thing I like about the TFOs is that it is fiber optic/ tritium so during the day time, the sun shines into the fiber optic portion making them glow bright green even during the day. I could acquire a sight picture much faster than the stock sights at day and night. I absolutely love them.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
leb686 said:
Just ordered these any thoughts?

Gadget Audio equipment Wood Rectangle Communication Device

Brown Wood Rectangle Office equipment Wall

Rectangle Gas Tints and shades Astronomical object Electric blue

Just had mine installed today on my G27 Gen 4

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts