Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone the orange paint on the front sight on my tfx pro sights on my 43X have been coming off just from cleaning with a q-tip so i was going to try a set if night fision glow dome sights. Got them in the mail a few days ago, followed their install instructions and the install went fine, sights were bright and really liked the color of the front sight. Well i went to the range today to make sure everything stayed put. Shot a little over 100 rounds and everything seemed like it stayed tight. Tonight I just noticed after i turned the lights off that one of the rear vials is not illuminated :mad:

Sent customer service a return request. Ill see how quick they get this resolved, what im worried about is that the sights already seem dimmer than what they were when i installed them. I wouldnt doubt it if the new rear sight they send is brighter than the front sight i have. Not impressed as far as durability. May be going back to trijicon

Slope Automotive lighting Gadget Communication Device Space

·
Banned
922 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if the right side capsule or whatever it's called cracked from recoil? I've never seen that happen before.
We put a set of standard height Night Fision sights on the grandson's Glock and they worked fine up until we replaced them with a set of suppressor height Trijicon Tough & Bright sights.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,422 Posts
I’ve had a lot of night sights lose glow well before their projected dates.
In the last 30 or so years the current manufacturers seem to hold up a lot better.
I was in some rain the other day and noticed a pretty good layer of rust developing on the rears of my duty G22.
Pretty surprising for newer manufacturing. I noticed most sight manufacturers probably went to Cerakote or another tougher finish as I haven’t seen rust on my sights in a good amount of years.
These are TruGlo TFO or TFX.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. I wonder if the right side capsule or whatever it's called cracked from recoil? I've never seen that happen before.
We put a set of standard height Night Fision sights on the grandson's Glock and they worked fine up until we replaced them with a set of suppressor height Trijicon Tough & Bright sights.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
it had to be. I installed it with a plastic headed armorers hammer and delrin punch so no way it was from installing it, the two nights before i went to the range the glowed perfectly.

·
Premium Member
14,791 Posts
Hey everyone the orange paint on the front sight on my tfx pro sights on my 43X have been coming off just from cleaning with a q-tip so i was going to try a set if night fision glow dome sights. Got them in the mail a few days ago, followed their install instructions and the install went fine, sights were bright and really liked the color of the front sight. Well i went to the range today to make sure everything stayed put. Shot a little over 100 rounds and everything seemed like it stayed tight. Tonight I just noticed after i turned the lights off that one of the rear vials is not illuminated :mad:

Sent customer service a return request. Ill see how quick they get this resolved, what im worried about is that the sights already seem dimmer than what they were when i installed them. I wouldnt doubt it if the new rear sight they send is brighter than the front sight i have. Not impressed as far as durability. May be going back to trijicon

View attachment 276627
Didn’t you have trouble with a set of Trijicon bulb like front sights also? Man I’d be pissed! Have you looked into XS big dot? I have some on my g19, & they have worked on it well for the last 10 years or so.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn’t you have trouble with a set of Trijicon bulb like front sights also? Man I’d be pissed! Have you looked into XS big dot? I have some on my g19, & they have worked on it well for the last 10 years or so.
yeah it was a issue with the sight ring on the trijicon DI front sight. I got a email yesterday saying a replacement would be sent out and got a shipping notification today

1 - 9 of 9 Posts